Warm weather means it’s time for relaxing, getting some sun, and best of all, gettin’ yo’ drank on. Sadly, most beaches and sun-lit public areas frown upon the use of open containers – but don’t worry, we got you covered. Whether you’re at the beach or just feeling eco-conscious, these water bottle friendly cocktails will be sure to get the party started.

#SpoonTip: Nalgenes will work best for these drinks.

1. The Skinny Mini

water bottle cocktails

Photo by Abby Coté

Just add 1 can of your favorite LaCroix flavor, as much vodka as you want, and as many packets of Crystal Light that will cover up how strong you just accidentally made that drink.

2. The Hangover From Hell

water bottle cocktails

Photo by Abby Coté

This drink may make you feel a little funky in the morning, but it’s totally worth it for the taste. Add one can of Twisted Tea to your water bottle of choice, mix in as much Fire Fly vodka as your sunburnt heart desires, then pour some lemonade in there to really sweeten things up and you’ve got yourself a Southern delight.

3. The Classic

water bottle cocktails

Photo by Abby Coté

This is a pretty basic water bottle cocktail with a lemon-lime twist. Just add a little cranberry juice, mix in some Sprite and vodka, and you’ll be ready to party all day (or night) long. You can also make this a calorie-conscious cocktail by using diet cranberry juice and tonic water or club soda with a little lemon or lime (or both) squeezed in.

4. The Sassy Sangria

water bottle cocktails

Photo by Abby Coté

Pro-tip from a seasoned water bottle drinker: you can fit an entire bottle of wine into a Nalgene. For this fancy drink, just mix a sweet red wine (try a zinfandel) with some cranberry juice.  You can also add in some other yummy fruit juices to sweeten it up, maybe even slice up some fruit and throw it in there for an extra bit of class.

5. The Screwmosa

water bottle cocktails

Photo by Abby Coté

What could be better than combining your two favorite brunch drinks into one? Just mix in orange juice, champagne, and as much vodka as you can handle. (Hint: a full bottle of champagne will also fit into your Nalgene if you just work hard and believe in yourself).

I leave you with one last word of advice: mix at your own risk.

water bottle cocktails