Did someone say bomb cyclone? Fighting the cold is one thing, but fighting -10 degrees is another. After searching for various solutions for the cold, I found that warm drinks work great. Making these drinks with friends can be a fun distraction from the cold by warming you up and adding a little more sweetness into life. Keep the holiday spirits up and fight the cold by giving these recipes a try!

1. Hot Chocolate

Hot chocolate is a typical warm drink that will always offer a sense of comfort. The best thing about this drink is that it comes in pre-made packets, so it's  easy to prepare. All you need to do is add hot water or milk and you can warm up at home or on-the-go. You can also make it from scratch using cocoa and milk. Don't be afraid to include add-ons such as nutella, chocolate chips or whipped cream!

2. Tea with Lemon and Ginger

Although at first sight mixing these three ingredients may not sound appealing, this is actually a great drink to keep you warm during winter months. Just squeeze a lemon (to taste) and add about a tablespoon of shredded ginger to your tea. Not only will this drink warm you up, but these two ingredients have cold-aleviating characteristics

3. Caramel-Hazelnut Cafe Mocha

Give your daily coffee a fancy twist by using this recipe to prepare a cafe mocha! Just add some caramel, or any other flavor, to mix It up from your everyday coffee. Avoid getting bored by your typical coffee taste by turning it into a Caramel-Hazelnut Mocha! 

4. Emoliente (Herbal Infusion)

tea, coffee

Try this Peruvian recipe for an herbal infusion that will not fail to keep you warm. Although the recipe varies depending on available ingredients, if you have barley, flax seeds and lemon juice you should be able to make this tea at home! Try emoliente if you're craving tea, but are looking for a different spin to it.

5. Eggnog

milk, coffee, cream, cappuccino, sweet, yogurt, espresso, milkshake, tea
Kristine Mahan

Eggnog and the holidays are two words you probably link automatically. If you're feeling festive, have time, or simply just want some eggnog, go ahead and try this eggnog recipe. What's a better way to warm up and feel festive at the same time?! And, depending on your mood, eggnog can be served warm or cold.

If you're slippers, blankets, and sweaters aren't keeping you warm enough, hopefully one of these drinks will help!