Basically all college students drink coffee religiously – it’s like a drug. But for some of us, coffee isn’t our thing. Tea is excellent for curing a common cold, warming you up on a cold day or just providing some sweet flavor to sip on. Besides common teas such as black and green, there are other unique types of tea that are waiting to be tried. So calling all tea-lovers here, check out these 5 note-worthy teas when you’re in the mood for an adventure.

1. Red Rooibos Tea

unknown teas

Photo courtesy of Doctors Health Press

Red Rooibos is not the most common tea to have around, but I’m sure that everyone who has had it would recommend it. It has a naturally sweet taste so no need to worry about adding sugar #healthyvibes. On top of that, Red Rooibos is naturally decaffeinated so you can enjoy it at any hour of the day.

2. Youthberry Tea

unknown teas

Photo courtesy of teawithkayla.wordpress.com

It’s always a good idea to have a sweet and fruity tea around. This Youthberry Teavana tea can be served either sweetened or unsweetened and is just as good cold as it is warm. If you want to put a spin on it, add some lemonade to cold Youthberry tea and you have the perfect summer’s day drink. You won’t regret this twist on an Arnold Palmer, trust me.

3. Lapsang Souchong Tea

unknown teas

Photo courtesy of Guavarose.com

Lapsang Souchong Tea has a distinct taste and is actually referred to as “smoke tea.” The leaves are smoke-dried over pinewood fires to create the smokey flavor. Its health benefits include helping build immune systems and fighting types of inflammation. In addition, this tea is recommended to be used on weight loss diets.

4. Baihao Yinzhen Tea

unknown teas

Photo courtesy of alibaba.com

Also known as “white hair silver needle tea,” this hot beverage has a sweet taste and delicate flavor. At the height of sunlight durning a sunny day, Baihao Yinzhen leaves are picked to ensure that minimal moisture within the leaves.

5. Maté Tea

unknown teas

Photo courtesy of DoctorOZ.com

Maté tea is often used as a coffee substitute because it actually has a much higher caffeine content. This foreign tea is most popular in South American countries and was traditionally sipped out of a gourd with a special metal straw.

If you don’t have a gourd on hand, don’t fret – in more modern times, this tea is often stored in thermoses. Two notes about Maté tea: one, it is typically sipped throughout the morning rather than in one sitting and two, no tea bag is necessary because the leaves are just mixed in with water for stronger infusion.

With all these different types of teas, there is bound to be something that will suite your taste. Don’t pass up the opportunity to test out one of these lesser-known teas. Ya never know, maybe you’ll find your new go-to drink. Happy tea-sipping, my friends.