We all love Skidmore’s theme dinners. They bring out the best D-hall has to offer. They can transport us into a different world if only for a night. Here is our list of five theme dinners we think D-hall should offer.

1. Super Hero

Theme Dinners

Specifically, The Incredibles. Picture rolling up to D-hall dressed as your alter ego, an even more super version of yourself. You could create your own super hero logo while watching The Incredibles movie on the big screen. And, for dessert: Frozone Snow Cones… it’s the greatest food you’re EVER gonna get.

2. Great Gatsby

Theme Dinners

Courtesy of giphy.com

Imagine: elegant lighting, jazzy music, sipping on classy (virgin) cocktails. You could enter the posh world of the roaring 20s for the night. Dancing away your troubles while nibbling on macaroons. For a punn-y take on this theme, it could be breakfast-for-dinner. East Egg, West Egg, am I right? Why not indulge and join us old sport?

3. Pajama Party

Theme Dinners

What’s better than eating food in your pajamas? That’s right, nothing. Imagine getting all comfy and cozy in your favorite onesie and slippers with a big cup of hot coco. Munching on sweet and salty snacks from popcorn to cookies. Music blasting in the background creating the prefect party atmosphere for you to dance and sing along to your favorite hits.

4. Vegetarian and Vegan

Theme Dinners

For vegetarians and vegans the dining hall can be a struggle; there never seem to be enough options that are vegetarian, not to mention vegan. Veggies are usually considered a side dish, so why not let them have their night as the main attraction? Making sure all meals are vegetarian and or vegan allows chefs to get creative and for students to feel healthy. It’s a win-win.

5. Street Food

Theme Dinners

Let’s be honest some of the most unique and out of this world food you will ever have will be street food. Street food is ready to eat food sold by vendors on the street, hence the name. It is an international phenomenon that is taking over the foodie world. Street food is a hidden gem with its authentic flavors, affordable prices, and quick bites. It is the ideal for broke college students.