Brunch can get a little monotonous sometimes, with the same options being offered almost every weekend. Why not spice things up with some of these unexpectedly tasty combinations of brunch staple foods? 1. Bacon and Chocolate Ice Cream

dining hall brunch

Photo by Mark Zhang

Everyone loves bacon. Everyone loves Chocolate. Putting the two together isn’t too crazy, but the creaminess of the ice cream and the crunch of the bacon creates quite an interesting bite. 2. Hummus Pancakes

dining hall brunch

Photo by Mark Zhang

Everyone puts syrup or butter on their pancakes. Why not stand out and try a little Mediterranean flare? 3. PBJY

dining hall brunch

Photo by Mark Zhang

Peanut butter, jelly….and yogurt? Especially good with unflavored yogurt, add a splash of your favorite jam and a spoonful of creamy peanut butter to your yogurt for a delightful shock to your taste buds. 4. Syrup Salad

dining hall brunch

Photo by Mark Zhang

If you’re not into the decadence of the many baked goods available in the dining hall but are still craving a little sweetness to your morning, use syrup on your salad instead of dressing. The more, the merrier! 5. Cookie Dough Oatmeal

dining hall brunch

Photo by Mark Zhang

Oatmeal. The classic, healthy breakfast food. Especially nice in the winter to warm you up. But spring is on the way, and the weather is getting warmer, so why not mix some cool cookie dough ice cream into that hot bowl? Best with a little crunch on top, such as granola or crushed Oreos. So next weekend (or tomorrow morning, if you’re feeling adventurous), give one of these combinations a try and let us at Spoon know what you think! This is a joke post for April Fools Day. Eat these foods at your own discretion.