If you’re spending this Valentine’s Day alone, don’t eat out your sorrows with stale, mass-produced candies when you can indulge in freshly baked treats made just for you. The best part is these scrumptious desserts are all single servings, so you don’t need to worry about finding a sweetie to share them with.

1. Microwave Cheesecake in a Mug

day

Photo by Olivia Henry-Jackson

There are few things Spoon loves more than the mug cake (see here, here, and here if you don’t believe me). Step up your microwaving game on the 14th and treat yourself to something a little more complex than the run-of-the-mill chocolate or vanilla cake. Use this recipe for inspiration, swapping out the crust for your favorite cookie and incorporating your preferred flavors.

2. One Giant Snickerdoodle Cookie

day

Photo by Olivia Henry-Jackson

We learned from an early age that true love and freshly baked cookies go hand in hand. Quarter this recipe to keep yourself toasty on the sure-to-be-chilly February 14th with the warm scent of cinnamon and buttery richness of a snickerdoodle.

3. No-Bake Single Serve Chocolate Cream Berry Pie

day

Photo courtesy of veganricha.com

You can really take your time to create an edible work of art when you don’t have a sweetie anxiously awaiting for dessert to be served. Use this recipe as a base for your pie crust, then top it off with coconut cream and a mouthwatering arrangement of berries. Don’t forget to snap a picture and boast your culinary skills on Instagram (and maybe you’ll get a special shout out from @spoon_au).

4. Peanut Butter Balls for One

day

Photo courtesy of momjunction.com

Cupid got it right when he paired chocolate and peanut butter together. Scale down this recipe to use only ¼ cup of peanut butter and appreciate this match made in heaven.

5. Churros and Chocolate For One

day

Photo by Phoebe Melnick, Boston University

Skip the roses, the only “flower” you’ll be needing this Valentine’s Day is in the baking aisle. Cut this recipe in half for a single serving of churro waffles that are crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and oh so delectable when dunked in chocolate. Their cinnamon-y scent beats the aroma of any rose bouquet.

If food is your Valentine this year, read up on how to take your relationship to the next level: