Wake Forest University has approximately 243 (and counting) student organizations. Here are 5 reasons why you should join Spoon University at Wake Forest. 

1. Resume Builder

Mareesa Ahmad

I'm sure we can all relate to the struggle of trying to get solid material onto our resumes. Whatever activities, clubs, or jobs we have, we want it proudly stated on our resumes so employers know we're well-rounded students. Good news folks, having Spoon University on your resume (whether or not you're a marketer, photographer, or writer) shows you know how to style/edit material to cater to different audiences and it also tells people you have mad marketing skills, something you cannot avoid in today's era. Spoon is also a collaborative club where you can voice your thoughts opinions in a safe environment, which is how most workplaces function in the real world. 

2. Opportunity for Community Outreach

beer, coffee, wine
Nicole Korolevich

Spoon gives you an excuse to get out into your local foodie community and try something new! From discovering new favorite dishes to meeting people just as passionate about food as you, being a part of Spoon plugs you into the culinary world of your community. This gives you the opportunity to share just what gets your mouthwatering with others back on campus. Spoon regularly collaborates with food-orientated groups by bringing them on campus for fundraising purposes or just fun in general, so your non-Spoon friends can get a taste (pun intended) of what it's like to have their fingers on the pulse of the foodie world that Spoon has opened up for you. If you're looking for an excuse to taste and share all the flavors your community has to offer, join Spoon!

3. Being a Published Author

Mareesa Ahmad

I was pretty excited when I wrote my first article for Spoon. The only part that was more exciting than the actual writing, was Googling my article and seeing my name pop up! Being a published author not only feels dope, but it looks cool on your resume.

4. Free Food! 

salsa, guacamole, avocado, sour cream, burrito, Mexican food, chips
Shelby Cohron

I've hinted at this in reason #2, but y'all, are you going to turn down free food? Show up to your weekly Spoon meetings, and you'll most likely be greeted with a fun snack from a local hot spot. Or, go to any Spoon event and get your hands on some of the best food your community has to offer.

One of the most memorable Spoon events I went to was with a local fitness instructor. She came in and we talked about health and wellness, all while enjoying her power smoothies, energy bars, and chocolate chia seed pudding. Doesn't get any better than that!

5. Meeting other Foodies

Baking, Friends, hanging out, two girls, girls laughing
Luna Zhang

The only thing better than being a foodie is having friends who are foodies too who share the same love for food as you do. Your fellow Spoon foodies will help you expand your (flavor) horizons and push you out of your comfort zone. 

If you need even more convincing, check out this article and hear why these contributors joined at their university.

Keeping all of those reasons in mind, Spoon is also a pretty low commitment club in comparison to others. If you show up to the meetings and stay on top of your article content, you will thrive in Spoon. All while enjoying the yummiest food.

Join Spoon University at Wake Forest today. You won't regret it!