So Hannibal doesn’t exactly have the best rep as an ethical chef. I mean, you are just as likely to feature in his ridiculously ostentatious spreads as you are to be invited to eat one. Nonetheless, NBC’s version of the show has me salivating. Did I mention I don’t even eat meat? #Sorrynotsorry.

Hannibal

Courtesy of giphy.com

Here are 5 reasons why tucking into a bite of pizza whilst watching the show not only will leave you jealous, but also rather unsatisfied with your culinary prowess.

1. He has a recipe box.

Hannibal

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

A legit box with handwritten recipes on cards. I thought no one did this anymore and it warms my heart to see his tried and tested recipes being used. Organizational skills ON POINT.

2. Them knife skills, tho!

Hannibal

Courtesy of tumblr.com

Let’s not think about how and where Hannibal honed his chopping and cutting skills and just focus on wishing you could be as efficient (seriously, though).

3. He knows how to throw a dinner party.

Hannibal

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Yeah, it’s time to feel ashamed of the Tesco brand lasagne you proudly presented to your friends last week. I wish I could be that sophisticated… And that social.

4.Them kitchen scenes… #CookingPorn.

Hannibal

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Who needs bedroom scenes when you can practically have a foodgasm watching Mads Mikkelsen at work in Hannibal’s kitchen. (We were all thinking it.)

5. Food porn!!!

Hannibal

It’s like the NBC staff spent days searching through Instagram. I mean why not confuse me even more in this psychological tale by also making me question how someone can make corpse look so appetizing (sorry, but it’s true).

Hannibal

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

But anyways, I’m 99.9999% certain no humans were murdered in the process, so enjoy the sight of those delicious dishes and may it motivte you to try a new recipe every now and again. Until then, you can find me in front of Netflix, hoping I can osmosis some of Hannibal’s mad cooking skills through the screen.