1. It's Quick

10 minutes to cook those noodles you're so badly craving at 2am on a Friday night? Ain't nobody got time for that. Depending on the Hot Pot, you should be able to get those same noodles ready in half that time. No need to hajj toward your dorm's communal kitchen. Your Hot Pot is at waiting in your room, ready at your earliest convenience. Using it will let you spend less time preparing your food, and more time enjoying it. What else could you ask for? 

2. It's Cheap

Good Hot Pot's range anywhere from $10 to $30. They're faster than a microwave, safer than a stovetop kettle, and well worth every cent you'll pay for them (broke college student approved). I'll prove it to you. Close your eyes and imagine the most magical thing in the world. Okay, now get the image of a unicorn out of your head. When it comes to something as magical as a Hot Pot, you won't have to think twice about making the decision to buy one after using it. Yeah, it's that magical.

3. It's Cold Outside

It's cold and you need something warm. Leaving your dorm to get said warm item is only going to make you colder, and all you want to do is stay bundled up in your dorm. So what do you do? You turn on your Hot Pot, mix in a hot chocolate mix, and add in your favorite toppings (did someone say Fluffernutter?). When it comes to my coco, I'm picky. I almost always opt for a Simpsons-Inspired Fluffernutter Hot Chocolate when those cold winter nights come around. Thank me later for linking the recipe. Not a hot chocolate fanatic? I've got you covered. Check out some of the easiest but somehow also more fabulous soups you'll have in your life.

4. You're Sick

It's college, and you're bound to get sick at some point. What better way to deal with feeling under the weather then to heat up some hot tea? If you're looking to spice up your regular routine cup and opt for a more luxurious(ish) sick day pick-me-up, try making your own tea latte (while still staying in the comfort of your dorm room!). If you're like me, you'll find yourself making tea latte's when you're not sick, too. 

6. You're Hosting

All you can hear is the sound of stomachs growling. There are hungry people in your dorm, and you feel obligated to feed them. If you're like me, you're going to turn to your Hot Pot to fix up those large portions in no time. Pasta? Soup? Ramen? You name it. I'm certainly no chef, but with my Hot Pot by my side, I can play off the role pretty darn well. I'm trying to become known for my signature Mac and Cheese dish (sure, I might've forgotten to add the full amount of cheese last time and people weren't the biggest fans, but we're getting there). If you decide to follow my advice and use this tool in your hosting efforts at well, get ready: your friends will see its magic and want one too, so get ready for questions about what it is and where they can buy one. Happy eating!