Are you a college student? Do you love food? Do you want to join a club on campus that encompasses both of these simple characteristics? Loyola’s application is open for spring semester and it’s calling your name. Here are five reasons why you should apply.

It’s Fun.

apply

We have monthly events that bring us closer together as a team while also showing campus what Spoon is all about. During finals week we made yummy energy bites as a group and then handed them out with study tips in the library. Events this semester may even include a mac and cheese smackdown and other foodie field trips.

Spoon is an awesome thing to be a part of.

apply

As the about page states, “Spoon University is the everyday food resource for our generation, on a mission to make food make sense.” As one of the hottest female-founded startups of 2015, Spoon’s readership has increased ten fold from last year and now has about 2 million unique visitors every month. Loyola’s chapter joined in Spring 2015 and our team has been #blessed to be a part of such a fast growing company.

Build your resume.

apply

Having published articles online is an amazing thing to show future employers. It proves not only that you are part of something incredible, but also that you are adequately trained in writing, editing, WordPress, and even data analytics.

If you’re a social media guru, you can impress companies with your experience in running our accounts. PR pro? We throw events every month which will bring fresh ideas to your future place of employment. Whatever you take from being a part of our team, you can bring into the real world.

Educate and challenge yourself.

apply

Weekly meetings allow for our team to brainstorm together. Whether you want to tackle a specific idea in an awesome, click worthy article or if you would rather just inspire the rest of us, your brain is going to be active.

You CAN Do It All

apply

Team members can dabble in each aspect of our chapter. If you have a killer article idea but also want to learn the tricks of the social media trade, you can do both. If one area is your specific calling, you can bring that expertise to our chapter.

Applications are due Monday, February 1, so get on it. We’re looking forward to learning more about you and bringing you onto our team. Just apply already, we know you want to.