Don’t eat at night

Apparently, if you eat at night, your body will store the food as fat; at least that’s what the myth says. There is no right or wrong time to eat. Your body does not run on a schedule telling you when you can and cannot eat. Fuel your body with nutrient dense foods to look and feel your best at any time of day.

diet myths

Photo by Laura Palladino

Carbs are the enemy

Wrong. Carbs are your friend; they provide your body with the energy it needs to live. Make sure to choose healthy carb sources such as oatmeal or brown rice to keep you full and focused for hours.

diet myths

Photo by Laura Palladino

Skip breakfast

I get it, you’re running late for class and you don’t have time for breakfast. That’s not an excuse! After sleeping all night, breakfast will rejuvenate and speed up your metabolism while also possibly preventing you from overeating later. So, if you’re notoriously late in the morning, make your breakfast the night before. You can also buy a healthy granola bar to take on the go.

diet myths

Photo by Laura Palladino

Low-fat or no-fat

Like with carbs, your body needs this essential nutrient. Eliminating it from your diet will do more harm than good. Healthy fats such as avocados and nuts are very satisfying and will help keep you fuller longer.

Juice Cleanses

Including fresh juices and smoothies in your diet can be beneficial. However, only fueling your body with them will be detrimental. Juice cleanses often leave people hungry which causes crankiness and the inability to focus. So, when your juice cleanse is over, you’re going to stuff your face with any food in sight. Sticking to a proper balanced diet is the best choice for reaching your health goals.

Like this article? Check out these others:
What is a Gluten Free diet?
The Myth of the College Diet
The Diet of an Olympic Athlete