Baking has certainly had its moment over the past seven months. Bread—from banana to sourdough—really rose to the occasion in April. And, while I definitely love bread, I tried to expand my quarantine recipes a bit outside the loaf realm. Although I wish I had a knack for making savory goods and meals, these five recipes are sweet baked goods. Some of them might seem basic, but most of them include a bit of a twist. So, here are the top five recipes I tried in quarantine. I hope you get as much use out of them as I have. 

1. Carrot Cake Muffins

I'll be the first to admit that carrot cake is not something I usually gravitate towards, but these were phenomenal. I could not devour them fast enough. While I made and enjoyed these during summertime, they are absolutely perfect for fall as they add the nutmeg and cinnamon flavors that have become fall staples. Additionally, I used HUGE chunks of chocolate in the muffins, and that is something I definitely recommend incorporating into your own re-creation. Bonus: this recipe is incredibly easy, and you can probably make it with the ingredients you already have just lying around your kitchen. Click on the picture above to check out the recipe. 

2. Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wow, I cannot stress how amazing these cookies are. @Healthfulradience is one of my go-to blogs for some incredible recipes, but this one certainly takes the cake. I love chocolate chip cookies, and I love banana bread, so what could be better than combining the two? These goodies were gone in one day (mostly because my dad ate five of them overnight—you can imagine my disappointment waking up to an empty baking tray). If you think you'd be a fan of gooey banana-bread cookies, this is the recipe for you. 

3. London Fog Muffins

@Justine_snacks makes the most delicious beverage-inspired baked goods. I personally am a huge fan of London Fogs (a slightly sweet, earl grey inspired latte), so I decided to give this recipe a try. I could not be happier that I did. Because my parents are huge tea drinkers, this recipe was an immediate hit. These muffins are the perfect pick-me-up breakfast. They're flaky, slightly sweet, and have just a bit of caffeine to help you wake up. Plus, they give off super cozy, rainy day vibes. So, grab yourself a cup of tea, a big cardigan, and a good book, and have yourself a nice little 'main-character' moment. 

4. Easy Breakfast Cookie

This recipe is originally from @Sweeterthanabumblebee on Instagram, although I took it and veganized it. I'm obsessed with this recipe, and I probably make it twice a week (in fact, I am eating it as I write this). Breakfast cookies are the perfect way to start the day, and this cookie is one of my favorites. It's easy to make, tastes delicious and is nutritious. You can add whatever toppings you like, but I love to infuse this oat cookie with chocolate chips. Bake it for 15 minutes for a gooey breakfast or 20 minutes for a golden brown treat.

5. Vegan, Blueberry Muffins

These certainly are not for the faint of heart, but if you're someone who loves lemon, please give these a try. Another healthful recipe, these muffins are perfectly tart, and I finished them in about two days—clearly, I have a problem keeping baked goods around for too long. (Seriously, give the @healthfulradiance Instagram account a look if you're into alternative baking).

These are just a few of the recipes I tried in quarantine, and I am sure I will make many more in the months to come. All of these recipes are vegan-friendly, so I recommend you give them a try if you're just starting out or want to know more about alternative baking. Hopefully, these easy and delicious recipes will get you through the rest of the year.