A movie is such a powerful form of art. You know a movie is good when it feels like you are part of the story as well. For example, when characters become your friends or your enemies, or when a breathtaking cinematography magically takes you to a different place.

While we can say that our minds escape from reality, our stomachs go nowhere. Essentially, watching a movie also means having to pick a good snack. After all, there is nothing better than finding just the right spot in the couch, with just the right movie, with just the perfect snack. Even better...getting something other than popcorn or nachos. I got you covered! Here are five non-classic snacks for five cult movie classics.

Kill Bill: Vol. I by Quentin Tarantino: Cheese & Jam on Crackers

Marissa Rodriguez

“Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest, and like a forest it's easy to lose your way... To get lost... To forget where you came in.” Revenge is sweet, but the journey to get it can be a little salty. Something about the saltiness of cheese and the sweetness of jam makes this snack the perfect combination to enjoy this thrilling piece of art starring Uma Thurman, whose character seeks serious revenge. All you need are some crackers, brie cheese (why not, right?) and jam. Simply an amazing explosion of flavors!

The Rocky Horror Picture Show by Jim Sharman: Sausage Pancakes-on-Sticks

Rocky Horror is everything you could possibly ask for in a movie: it is a musical, science fiction, horror, and comedy film all at the same time. With a brilliantly unconventional plot, its main character Dr. Frank N. Furter (played by Tim Curry) is a transvestite and scientist, whose creation is a human-looking creature named Rocky. So, what could be better than combining this freaky movie with something as unique as sausage pancakes-on-sticks? This movie, some deliciously spicy sausages coated with a fluffy pancake batter, and some syrup on top....mmm, think about it. Satisfy your cravings, and just like Frank N Furter sings, “give yourself over to absolute pleasure."

Fight Club by David Fincher: Falafel Bites

“Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter…The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.” is what Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt) says to the main character, played by Edward Norton, as they meet. This movie does not only have outstanding actors, but it has a twisted story too. Snacking on falafel bites (portable, single-serving, uh oh) might never make you think as much as doing so while listening to Durden say these powerful words.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Terry Gilliam: Peanut Butter & OREOS

chocolate, candy, milk, sweet, cookie, Oreos, Cookies, Unhealthy
Anna Arteaga

This film’s cinematography is an absolutely psychedelic experience. It was captured in such a way that you will feel the hallucinatory effects on your skin. I’m sure Raoul would munch on some peanut butter and OREOS after one of his trips if he could. Will you crave this snack while watching this entertaining movie? Most likely.

A Clockwork Orange by Stanley Kubrick: S'mores Dip

A Clockwork Orange is a bizarre, slightly disturbing, psychological masterpiece. Malcolm McDowell plays Alex DeLarge, an antisocial who gets as much satisfaction from violence, as you would after trying this delightful s’mores dip. As sinister as the film could get, you will find comfort in the softness of the marshmallows that melt on top of this snack. In the film, the protagonist thinks, “It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.” (viddy = see). In this case, I think you will find your food’s colors even better in real life.

Are you ready for the most creative movie night of your life? Grab your friends and see what you like...or what you can come up with. The snacks are only as good as the movie you're watching them with.