Brunch is easily the best meal to ever exist, and if you try and argue otherwise you’re probably living under a rock. Besides always having the best dish and drink options, the fact that it comes only twice a week truly makes it something to look forward to.

That being said, it only takes a few innocent mistakes to totally botch the outing, mistakes that will surely lead to serious disappointment and embarrassment. Avoid making these 5 critical mistakes to ensure that you maximize this glorious feast and brunch like a pro at your next outing.

1. Waiting for a Table

brunch

Photo courtesy of nowaitapp.com

The absolute worst thing that can happen to you during a brunch excursion is having to wait upwards of 20 minutes for a table. Nobody on this earth has time for that. On Saturday and Sunday mornings, patience typically runs thin while your hangry levels skyrocket.

Therefore, it’s always worth it to quickly call and make a reservation, even if it’s on the way over to the restaurant. Don’t be above it. You’ll all thank yourselves in the long run.

2. Not Reviewing the Menu Beforehand

brunch

Photo courtesy of  kylewhitedesign.com

If you’re brunching somewhere exceptionally dank with an extensive and impressive menu, reviewing your options before you arrive is a must. Considering the aforementioned lack of patience and rampant hanger, it’s in everyone’s best interest to order the food ASAP.

3. Making Rash Beverage Decisions

brunch

Photo courtesy of honestlyyum.com

This is an easy trap to fall into, especially after a night out. While you might think you absolutely need a Diet Coke, coffee, water, and an orange juice, please do not order it all. Now I know what you’re thinking: a Bellini and a mimosa is the perfect way to go. Wrong again! Maybe stick to just one of those, or start off with a coffee and juice and go from there.

Surrounding yourself with drinks might seem appealing at first, but in the end you’ll only feel sick and end up ruining your meal. Stick to one, maybe two drinks that will complement your dish of choice.

4. Strictly Committing to Either Sweet or Savory

brunch

Photo by Becca Buchanan

Deciding whether you want a loaded omelet or chocolate chip pancakes is an infamous and timeless dilemma. Choosing either savory or sweet can be a near-impossible decision, but if you collaborate with a friend you can have the best of both worlds.

Assuming you’re attending brunch with people that are just as serious about their dining experience as you are, ask someone to split two dishes in order to avoid having to make this traumatic compromise.

5. Not Getting an Appetizer

brunch

Photo courtesy of TheDeliciousLife

While ordering appetizers at brunch might seem unconventional, this is another viable solution to the savory vs. sweet dilemma. Appetizers such as breakfast nachos are becoming more popular and available at different restaurants. Another bonus: ordering an appetizer means getting some food into your system quicker than normal.

In order to get the most out of your next brunch outing, it’s important to put in a conscious effort toward crafting the perfect meal. Brunch is an art form and should be treated as such: not a rushed affair, but rather a celebrated occasion that is treated with respect.

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset