Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past year, I’m sure you’ve either seen or heard of Steph Curry and Lebron James: two stars going head to head in the NBA finals. This year’s rematch of last year’s NBA Finals can teach any food fanatic a thing or two, whether you are a fan of basketball or not.

Size Doesn’t Always Matter

NBA Finals

Photo courtesy of sports.yahoo.com

While Lebron is obviously bigger in almost every physical aspect possible, that doesn’t mean Steph is inferior. The biggest thing any food fanatic can take away from this series is understanding that bigger is not always better.

I’m positive almost every college student has experienced food itis especially during the summer where food and cookouts are plentiful. Trust me I get it, it’s hard to resist the aroma of meat cooking on a grill and your aunt’s potato salad.

When making your plate just remember the food pyramid you learned in elementary school. If you’re anything like me and don’t remember; try using these tips to measure your portion sizes.

Sides Make the Dish

NBA Finals

Photo courtesy of NBA.com

If you’ve been following the series then you know the “Splash Brothers” haven’t been scoring much this series, simply because they don’t have to. Their teammates have been pitching in and getting the job done just like any good side dish.

Everything is Better With Friends

NBA Finals

Gif courtesy of officialwarriors.tumblr.com

What’s better than cooking your favorite dish? Making your favorite dish with friends, of course!

Practice Makes Perfect

NBA Finals

Photo courtesy of NBA.com

We’ve all followed a recipe without straying from it, and yet the outcome didn’t meet our expectations. It happens to the best of us, especially those who’ve failed replicating Pinterest recipes.

It just goes to show practice makes perfect. If you’ve been fortunate enough to master a dish the first time, Kudos! But make sure you make the dish again and again to ensure that the first time wasn’t a fluke.

Presentation Is Everything

NBA Finals

Photo courtesy of NBA.com

If you’ve seen Chopped or any show on The Food Network, you know presentation is just as important as taste. First impression is everything, especially if you expect a picky eater like me to try your food.