Hey seniors, we see you. Getting a gig after college is stressful, but finding an awesome internship or gig at a food based company is the first step to starting the career of your dreams. Amidst a flurry of resumes and cover letters, it’s important to stand out and be passionate about the gig you’re going for. That’s where we can help. With our friends at WayUp, we’ve collected 5 kickass positions that would satisfy any foodies interests and help you get started in a job you love.

1. Summer PR Intern – Red Velvet

Food jobs

Photo courtesy of wayup.com

About the company: Red Velvet is a gourmet bake-at-home dessert delivery service. They are a food tech startup in NYC that launched in September 2015.

Why this is an awesome gig: As a fast-growing start up, you will have an integral role and gain SO much experience in a short period of time. Plus, free food is a given. Red Velvet is also hiring for a Marketing Intern and an Ops intern (feel free to pick which one you guys think is most interesting!)

2. Barista at Blue Bottle Coffee

Food jobs

Photo courtesy of wayup.com

About the company: Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee and food to everyone who asks for it. We roast on three coasts, make great drinks, clean up after ourselves, bake delicious pastries and bread, and say please and thank you. Our amazingly talented team combines warm hospitality, cutting-edge technology and a deep sense of craftsmanship to create incredible guest experiences.

Why this is an awesome gig: Barista roles can often lead to managerial roles within a given company. Additionally, they are indicative of strong people skills and ability to think on your feet.

3. Customer Experience Associate – Maple

Food jobs

Photo courtesy of wayup.com

About the company: A New York City start up with Menus that change daily, food made with the best from local farms and fields, prepared by chefs who have worked in some of the city’s top restaurants, so delicious you want to eat it every day and priced so you can, brought straight to you wherever you are, in three clicks, maybe four. 

Why this is an awesome gig: You’ll be working at one of the fastest growing food-delivery start ups in NYC. You will be on the frontlines of the company as the first point of contact for external parties. Great for communication and leadership skills. 

4. Purchasing Specialist – Blue Apron

BlueApron

About the company: Blue Apron is a venture-backed, e-commerce company based in New York City, with fulfillment centers in New Jersey, California and Texas. Launched in 2012, we have just over 200 employees at our SoHo headquarters in New York City and have grown to over 3,000 employees across our national fulfillment centers.

Why this is an awesome gig: You will be one of the sole decision makers when it comes to inventory. You will gain experience with wholesale margins and smart, cost-effective business decisions.

5.  Manager In Training – Just Salad

Just Salad

About the company: Just salad is currently one of the fastest-growing salad chains. They are dedicated to quality, healthy food in a fast, responsible yet affordable way with a variety of organic and non-GMO ingredients.

Why this is an awesome gig: You will gain extreme managerial and communication skills. Plus, successfully managing a team is a highly coveted resume skill.