Going home for Thanksgiving isn't always an option for college students, but that doesn't mean they can't enjoy a delicious holiday feast. Here are the some iconic Thanksgiving recipes that you can cook in your microwave to celebrate. 

Mashed Potatoes

milk, cream, dairy product, mashed potatoes, butter, dairy
Caitlin Shoemaker

What's a Thanksgiving dinner without creamy mashed potatoes as a side dish? This recipe uses only four simple ingredients and takes about 15 minutes to make. It also makes 4-6 serving of potatoes, so there will be plenty to share with friends.

Green Bean Casserole

pizza, cheese, lasagna, meat, sauce
Jennifer Weintraub

No Thanksgiving meal is complete without a questionably healthy vegetable dish. Try for a green bean casserole, which only uses five ingredients and can be made in only 10 minutes with any standard microwave.  

Stuffing

chicken
Liz Kaplan

Perhaps the simplest recipe of all, this stuffing takes only 4-6 minutes of microwaving after combining all of the easy-to-find ingredients. In just a few minutes, you'll have a side dish that'll make you swear you're eating your mom's home cooking. 

Turkey

gravy, sweet, pork
Helena Lin

You may think cooking a turkey in the microwave is impossible, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Instead of buying a full turkey, buy just the breasts to make cooking a breeze. All you need to do is season and microwave the breasts for 9-10 minutes per pound, and you'll have the perfect Thanksgiving turkey ready to enjoy.  

Pumpkin Pie

pie, chocolate, sweet, cake, pastry, pumpkin, cream, coffee
Courtney Cheng

There's no better way to end a Thanksgiving feast than with a delicious slice of homemade pumpkin pie. While this recipe may be a bit more involved, it will be well worth it when you realize you don't even need to set your oven to make it.

That's right, this is made completely in the microwave and is guaranteed to have you opening up buttons on your pants at the end of the night.