Last month, the Texas Spoon team had a Sunday Brunch potluck sampling a variety of foods from around the world. From decadent Greek donuts called loukoumades to make-your-own vermicelli bowls from Vietnam, there was a flavor for every palette.

Though some college favorites made an appearance (hello guac and chips), we also had the chance to taste dishes we had never seen before. For example, a sweet rice pudding dish called budbud pilit from the Philippines stole the show and had us licking our plates clean.

At Spoon, we love how people from all different corners of the globe come together around food. So next time you are on campus day-dreaming of traveling the world, whip up one of these dishes to satisfy your culinary wanderlust.

1. Vegetable Frittata

around the world

Photo by Kathleen Lee

A frittata is Italy’s answer to an omelet. Eggs and toppings such as vegetables, meats and cheeses come together for a delicious and easy breakfast. Find a simple stove top recipe here.

2. Flan Cake

around the world

Photo by Kathleen Lee

Double the dessert, double the fun. We have Mexico to thank for this sweet, spongy cake that serves as a perfect base to soak up the caramel. It is also deceptively easy to make. Here’s a similar recipe.

3. Matcha Mochi Cupcakes

around the world

Photo by Kathleen Lee

Matcha is a special green tea powder with awesome health benefits. Mochi is a sweet Japanese rice cake. Together, they put a unique spin on the traditional cupcake. Find your kitchen zen in five easy steps.

4. Shakshuka

around the world

Photo by Kathleen Lee

You’ve seen Shakshuka at all the trendy AF brunch spots. This Middle Eastern dish is a great way to clean out your fridge and please a crowd, especially your vegetarian friends. Let us teach you how to do it in 35 minutes or less.

5. Avocado Toast

around the world

Photo by Kathleen Lee

Its origin may be disputed, but one thing is for certain: avocado toast is here to stay. This superfood is a super-easy breakfast for when you are running out the door to class or need a quick cure for your hangover.