We all love to eat, but there are obviously some foods that are better for you than others. I know, shocker, right? Here are some of my healthy favorites.

1. Dark chocolate

A little bit of dark chocolate daily is good for your heart, brain and overall health. Not only does it contain antioxidants, but it also has been proven to lower blood pressure and increase blood flow. It can also help control blood sugar and is full of vitamins, so don’t be scared to indulge a little.

2. Green tea

Green tea is a powerful antioxidant, has zero calories and has been shown to boost metabolism. It is good for oral health, bone health, weight loss and heart health. Drink a few cups a day to reap the benefits.

3. Salmon

Once again this food plays a crucial role in lowering risks for several types of cancers as well as heart disease. Salmon increases brain health and has shown to improve memory. Additionally, the omega-3 fatty acids in salmon are good for your skin and hair (yep, these matter).

4. Ginger

This spice has shown to have many healing benefits. It can provide gastrointestinal relief and has anti-inflammatory effects. It can also boost your immune system and it has shown to reduce the risk of cancer, especially ovarian cancer. So sprinkle some ground ginger in your newest dish or use it to top your sushi because this food is good for you!

5. Almonds

Almonds reduce the risk of heart attack and lower bad cholesterol. They provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss. They’re also good for your teeth, bones and brain. Adding these to your diet can really increase your health, but with any fats moderation is key. Stick to a small handful for your best portion size.