As much as I can, I try to do my best to live a healthy lifestyle. Whether it be by being active or eating healthy food, I find that I love the way I feel when I do. However, I think it's important to realize that to live a healthy lifestyle, you don't have to be eating the typical "healthy" foods, such as kale, quinoa, egg whites, and whole wheat bread. By finding foods that you like, you can make living a healthy lifestyle more fun and motivational. Here are the five unique items I always buy to assist me in living the healthiest lifestyle. 

1. GoodBelly PlusShots

Sabrina Fernandez

GoodBelly shots are a great way to start off your day! This juice shot contain billions of probiotics to help maintain good digestive health and boosts your metabolism. The shots come in four main flavors: Mango, Pomegranate Blackberry, Blueberry Acai, and strawberry. The GoodBelly brand also offers juices that tastes delicious alongside a nice hearty breakfast! All GoodBelly products contain probiotics and are dairy free, which means they're safe for all those who are lactose intolerant. The company also has a product called "GoodBelly Straightshot" which contains no added sugar. I have been using Goodbelly products for the last 3 months, and I can assure you the effects are immediate. I take a Goodbelly shot on the days when I don't have time for a full breakfast and it provides me with immediate energy. Keep in mind, this is not a diet product. The purpose of GoodBelly products are to increase your metabolism and provide you with good digestive health, not weight loss!

2. Cage-Free Eggs

Sabrina Fernandez

When trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, eggs are one of the healthiest ways to reach your daily intake of protein! They're filling, low calorie, and healthy...if you buy the right eggs. Eggland's best organic eggs is a brand that feeds their hens an all-vegetarian diet. Their eggs are completely steroid free, antibiotic free, and contain no added hormones. Eggs have amazing nutritional benefits. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to eat only get whites to be healthy. According to Jillian Michaels, a personal trainer from the popular show The Biggest Loser, whole eggs are a nearly perfect food, with almost every essential vitamin and mineral our bodies need to function. 

3. Steel-cut Oatmeal

milk, cream, sweet, pudding, yogurt, dairy product, berry
Gabby Phi

Being a whole grain product, this type of oatmeal is a great source of B-complex vitamins. Compared to rolled oats, steel-cut oats provide a greater amount of iron, making this a great product for those with iron deficiencies. They're also a great source of fiber. Fiber helps improve your digestive system and the oats help ward off feelings of hunger for hours! Steel-cut oats are a great breakfast for an on-the-go breakfast! You can leave oatmeal, milk, and berries in a cup overnight and take it with you to work or school the next morning. Here's an overnight oats recipe I found.

4. belVita Crackers

If you want a tasty yet nutritious snack, then belVita crackers are the way to go! They're like energizing graham crackers that are perfect for those on-the-go breakfast days. On top of providing you with up to four hours of energy, BelVita crackers come in a variety of flavors. Ranging in flavors from cranberry orange to blueberry, these crackers contain four cookies in one packet and are are only 230 calories per pack!

5. Bananas 

banana, vegetable, pasture
Eunice Choi

Bananas may seem like an obvious healthy choice, however I must mention them because they've been the most helpful fruit to me ever since I've been working out regularly. Bananas are one of the only foods that are both naturally sweet and healthy! They're filling, contain few calories, and help burn fat quickly. Bananas contain powerful antioxidants that help to reduce heart disease. They also provide you with carbohydrates that are easy to digest. Next time you leave to the gym, make sure to take one with you! You'll be able to get the most out of your exercise when you're hyped up on banana energy! 

More than a Diet

Disclaimer! Using these five products have really helped me maintain a healthy lifestyle, and I want to stress the fact that healthy does not equal weight loss. These products were not created for the purpose of losing weight; they were created to help you feel energized and healthy. Let go of the "diet mentality" and see beyond the calories. Pay attention to your body, not the scale. As long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle, don't be afraid to feel full and enjoy food!