“It’s the most wonderful time of the year.”

Yes, winter break is here and it is time to cosy up with your family and friends. So, if it is your turn to host a house party this season then you better get your act together. Everybody wants to outdo the others in organizing the ideal party which will be etched in everyone’s memory for years to come.

It all depends on the host to either make his party an event to remember or forget about as soon as one leaves.

Although parties are usually meant to catch up on old times and the current happenings in one’s life, it can quickly lose momentum in the absence of entertaining activities.

Now keeping aside the traditional party games this season, we have chalked down some food games to make you the host of the year. After all, a good host can break or make the party.

1. The More The Messier

food

Photo courtesy of tomdouglas.com

Place equal number of bowls as there are players. Fill each bowl with whipped cream and add cookies, gems and marshmallows to each. Now each player has to eat everything inside their bowl without using their hands and the one to finish off all the foodstuff wins. This can get quite hilarious to watch so make sure to take a lot of pictures for social media.

2. Spin And Dig In

food

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Adapted from the (in)famous “Spin the Bottle”, this game requires you to keep a number of plates in a circle. Put different food items on each plate – preferably something tricky to eat. When the bottle stops at a certain food item, the player has to consume it. Spin that bottle and start diggin’.

3. What’s On My Plate?

food

Photo courtesy of i.telegraph.co.uk

Divide the guests into two teams and blindfold one member from each team. Put a plate of food items on either team’s plate. Now the other members of the team have to help their blindfolded member identify the item by touch, smell or description of the item. The team with the most correct answers wins the game.

4. Pop Quiz

food

GIF by Sabhyata Badhwar using imgflip.com

This game is to be played between two teams. Either team will be asked general knowledge questions. Every wrong answer means that the player has to pop a golgappa in one go. The player that gives up first loses and the challenge is passed on to the next player of the respective team.

5. Tongue Tied

food

Players have to say a tongue twister and every time they mess up, they have to consume a glass of drink prepared by the opposite team. The rival team can use their imagination to create the nastiest drinks, so that their opponents give up quickly.

#SpoonTip: Be sure to stock up interesting gifts for the winners…they deserve it!