My two favourite things are eating food and looking at pictures of food. And while greasy, buttery, sugary food porn definitely has its place in my heart (and in my stomach, let’s be real), there is a time and a place for food porn that’s a bit more wholesome.

Coming off the heels of International Women’s Day, it is important that we recognize women who are successful. These five food bloggers have found the perfect balance of healthy recipes, photos and musings. And, they’re all women – cause girl power, right?

1. Sprouted Kitchen

food blogger

Photo courtesy of sproutedkitchen.com

Sara Forte stresses the importance of using natural ingredients and eating seasonally. Her recipes are all simple (even if some do use a few harder-to-find ingredients) and her breathtaking photos (taken by her photographer husband) make even the healthiest items look delectable. A few of my favourite recipes are her flourless chocolate date cake and her multigrain maple mini muffins.

2. Happyolks

food blogger

Photo courtesy of happyolks.com

The gal behind Happyolks, Kelsey Boyte, has found the best combination of recipes and spectacular nature shots (her Instagram account, @happyolks, is one of my favorites to follow). Her reflections also get pretty inspirational.

3. My New Roots

food blogger

Photo courtesy of mynewroots.org

Her healthier takes on recipes (like this deluxe butternut “macaroni ‘n’ tease”) are interesting and simple. My favorite is her chocolate chunk nut butter blondies.

4. Oh, Ladycakes

food blogger

Photo courtesy of ohladycakes.com

This vegan blog is full of wholesome recipes (some of them raw), great photography and travel guides. Ashlae also adds a lot of options for modifying her recipes (such as by making them gluten free) for people with unique diets.

5. Minimalist Baker

food blogger

Photo courtesy of minimalistbaker.com

All of Dana’s recipes require ten ingredients or less, one bowl or under 30 minutes to prepare. Her minimalist attitude towards food is practical and especially ideal for busy college students. Like me, she is a big fan of incorporating peanut butter into every meal (like in this Thai carrot soup).

Want more food porn? Try these Instagram accounts: