We often equate Whole Foods with the kind of produce that lines Ina Garten's kitchen and trends that verge on the outrageous. However, when Whole Foods announced its self-serve mochi bar, the internet went ballistic, unleashing one of the greatest food trends of the century: mochi ice cream. 

For all of the mochi ice cream virgins, mochi ice cream is a Japanese-American confection in which sweet rice dough is stuffed with a ball of ice cream.

As the mochi ice cream trend continues to emerge, My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream has proven its role as a key player through its playful, unique and innovative spins on the Japanese classic dessert. From traditional flavors such as Green Tea and Sweet Mango to more unconventional flavors such as Vanilla Blueberry and Mint Chocolate Chip, My/Mo Mochi intersects ancient Japanese culture with modern Western trends to create a delicious dessert which people are raving over.

Cool Peppermint

Remi Wiseblatt

Just in time for the holidays, the new Cool Peppermint flavor is here and its the perfect addition to your holiday party dessert table. Featuring refreshing peppermint ice cream churned with candy cane bits, this mochi ice cream practically embodies the holiday spirit.

#SpoonTip: Run, don't walk to your nearest supermarket freezer aisle. The Cool Peppermint flavor is a holiday exclusive and available for a limited time only! 

Double Chocolate

After seeing a customer review which described My/Mo Mochi's Double Chocolate flavor as tasting like Ben and Jerry's signature Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream, I knew I had to get my hands on these ASAP, especially since they are more calorie friendly. To my surprise, the review was right. This rich chocolate ice cream, mixed with decadent brownie bits and wrapped inside chocolate dough is the perfect bite for when you want to indulge without sacrificing calories, or if you want a quick dessert on the go.

Triple Layer S'mores

In January 2019, My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream announced the launch of its revolutionary Triple Layer Mochi Ice Cream collection. Essentially, the three layers consist of dough, ice cream and a unique filling depending on the flavor. Enter America's most loved and iconic three-part flavor combination: S'mores. Featuring a chocolate mochi dough stuffed with premium graham cracker ice cream and a fluffy marshmallow center, the S'mores mochi is an innovative spin on the American classic dessert. Cinnamon lovers, this is your pick. The graham cracker ice cream is delicious, tasting like the inside of a cinnamon roll.

Sweet Mango Ice Cream with Mochi Bits 

Maybe you're more like me and tear apart the mochi dough to get to the ice cream on the inside. For those of you looking to change up the dough to ice cream ratio, the ice cream pints with mochi bits are more your speed. The Mango Ice Cream with Mochi Bits features a pint of the OG Sweet Mango mochi ice cream mixed with little bits of mochi dough so you get more than just six mochi's worth of ice cream.

Vegan Salted Caramel 

Being a former vegan myself, I know how underwhelming non-dairy desserts can be. However, this isn't the case. The simple swap from ice cream to cashew cream is barely noticeable, retaining a potent salted caramel flavor profile that adds authenticity to this Japanese-American dessert.

#SpoonTip: Craving other non-dairy options? My/Mo Mochi has three other vegan non-dairy options in the classic flavors chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

All of these flavors and many more can be purchased in the freezer section of your local grocery store. Be sure to stock up on the Cool Peppermint flavor while you still can and keep your eye out for other seasonal exclusives!