Admit it. You’ve fallen victim to the idea that summers are all about being tanned and toned. As much as you want that bod, you’re stuck in the middle of spring semester with finals, group projects, and those late night study munchies. We feel you. But for those days that you have time to get a quick workout in, the right fuel for your body will help it to forget about the entire pack of Peeps you ate during Easter, and encourage steps in the right direction.

Going Green for Smoothies

breakfast

Photo by Yonatan Soler

Looking for the ultimate breakfast smoothie that is packed with protein and will leave you feeling full longer? This green smoothie combines spinach, bananas, chia seeds and greek yogurt to fill you up fast. Plus it tastes like a milkshake which makes it 100% more enjoyable. The potassium in the bananas will also help prevent cramping during and after workouts, and they add a touch of sweetness. Is it breakfast time yet?

Parfait My Day

breakfast

Photo by Anna Loh

This greek yogurt parfait topped with sliced strawberries (or blueberries for those antioxidants) and low-fat granola is also a great way to prep the body for a killer workout. Protein mixed in with carbs makes for a great pre-workout meal, which also doubles as a sweet snack in the middle of the day. Whether it serves you as a nice pick me up or a fresh start to the day, the parfait is here to play.

Eggs-traordinay Avocado

breakfast

Photo by Lauren Feld

Breakfast doesn’t get much easier than this baked egg in an avocado. With one slice of an avocado and one crack of an egg, you’re on your way to a scrumptious day starter. The only thing you need to do is turn on the oven, so you can save all of your energy for those exercises you have planned. It’s also a great way to get some omega-3s (which can help improve heart health).

Not Your Mother’s Oatmeal

breakfast

Photo courtesy of beautyandthebeing.wordpress.com

Oatmeal really is the perfect breakfast because it’s customizable, known as a good source of fiber, and is a major helper in reducing blood pressure. These oatmeal combinations have no limits. Blueberries, bananas, chocolate protein powder, walnuts, almonds, or even small apple slices can all be used to turn the classic breakfast item into your favorite meal of the day.

Classic Combo

breakfast

Photo by Caty Schnack

This pre-workout breakfast is great because it consists of ingredients that are typically lying around the kitchen. A fried egg with a side of fiber-packed veggies such as spinach, mushrooms, and bell peppers create a perfect meal. Serve with some whole wheat toast and the balance of carbs and protein will provide your muscles with energy to get you through a workout. Scrambled eggs are also a worthy option. Or soft boiled. Or over easy. Drooling yet?