Every now and then we find ourselves looking for ways to spice up a party, get people to loosen up, and make it more fun. Enter: drinking games, old and new. Drinking games are not only easy, but they're also special because they bring the whole party together and act as an icebreaker, which allows people to get to know each other. Finding yourself in a rut thinking of which games to play? Here a five dice drinking games that are sure to shake things up and get the party started. All you need is a pair of dice and some fun loving people.

#SpoonTip: Spoon University doesn't support underage or binge drinking. Feel free to use non-alcoholic drinks for any of these games.

1. Three Man

This popular game starts off with each player rolling one die until someone rolls a 3. This person is the dubbed "The three man."

Here is what each roll means:

When the dice totals "3" — Whoever is the three man must drink. If the three man rolls this then he / she can decide to pass the title to another player.

When the dice totals "7" / "11" — If the total is 7, the person to the right of whoever just rolled the dice has to drink. But when it totals "11" the person to the left of the roller drinks.

When the dice totals "9" — The person across from the current player drinks.

When its equal to "10" — Everyone drinks!

When a 4 & a 1 is rolled, whoever rolls this becomes the "Thumb-Master." They place their thumb on the table at any period within the game and at this point, all other players must place their thumb on the table too. The last person to do this must drink. The Thumb-Master can only change when someone else rolls a 4 & 1

2. Skull and Dice

This game happens very fast, so you have to be very alert!

Step 1: You need to make sure you have your dice in hand.

Step 2: Make sure that all players understand the scoring system / rules as you don't want anyone complaining that they didn't understand when they "fail" (I've listed the rules below).

Step 3: Make sure that there is plenty of alcohol and mixers on deck (avoid playing with shots). 

Step 4: All players need to sit in a circle - there should be at least four players. 

Next, the host shouts "SKULL" and everyone has to drink whatever is in front of them. Each player then rolls the dice in turn clockwise.

The rules are as follows:

If a player rolls a "1" or "6," he/she has to drink.

If a "2" or "4" is rolled, the player is safe and doesn't have to drink.

If a "3" is rolled, the player has to take two gulps from their drink and roll again. If that player rolls another drink, then he shouts "SKULL" and everyone playing has to drink.

If a "5" is rolled, then that player chooses another player to drink. 

3. 7-11 Doubles 

This game becomes super easy once the players get the hang of it. Firstly, place a pint sized glass on the centre of the table and all the players have to agree on a point a marked line should be drawn on the glass. Next, place a the pitcher of beer on the table so that the glass can be refilled with ease.

Time to play the game!

The object of the game is to pick a person to drink the very first pint before the other player can roll a 7, 11, or a double on the dice.The first player rolls both dice and as soon as he rolls a 7, 11, or a double, he then picks another player to drink the next glass of beer.

Note: The dice should be rolled on a board or tray. If the dice touch the table, the roller has to drink the pint of beer. If the next player touches the dice before the drinker (person who has to drink) touches the glass, that player drinks instead.

4. 1-2-3!

This game is as easy as 1-2-3! All you need is a pair of dice and three people. Before you start, all players have to agree on the maximum price that can be spent on the drink that will be bought. The first person to roll a 6 picks the drink to be bought, second person to roll a 6 buys the drink, and third person to roll a 6 drinks the drink. That's all. 

5. 2 Dice

This is a great game to play at the beginning of a party or pre-game. Very simple and sure the get the night kicking.

To play, you take a drink or shot when any of the following occurs after rolling the pair of dice:

- Any combination that adds up to a 6 or has a 6 in it

- Doubles e.g. 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s and 6s.

- Doubles 3s or 6s: Take a large swig from your drink plus a shot.

- If the dice falls off the table at anytime during the game, everyone playing the game takes a shot.

alcohol, whisky, wine, liquor, beer, maple syrup, syrup
Christin Urso

Make sure you understand the rules of each game before you begin. Got it? Now let's go have some fun. And as always, no cheating and remember to drink responsibly.