The easiest and fastest way to bring your sad generic sandwich from good to great is by adding the one and only necessary ingredient: The Crunch Factor. “The Crunch” will give you a satisfying reassurance that whatever sandwich you have just concocted is the real deal baby. Once you start adding “The Crunch Factor,” soon your roommates will find you frantically scrounging through your kitchen pantry to find anything that will satisfy the crunch for your next stacker. Check it out:

1. Pb&j&bc

sandwich

Photo by Sara Brown

Sure you’ve heard of peanut butter & banana, but go the extra mile and use banana chips.. you won’t be sorry. Add crunchy peanut butter to the mix or real peanuts and you’ve got yourself another game changer. Whoever said peanut butter and jelly was boring? It’s like giving pb&j a new and improved makeover.

2. Grilled Cheese

sandwich

Photo by Sara Brown

Cheese puffs… because one type of cheese just isn’t enough, right?

#SpoonTip: Don’t add cheese puffs until after the grilled cheese is ready. Gotta preserve the crunch to the fullest extent and this will help to do the trick.

3. Ham & Cheese

sandwich

Photo by Sara Brown

BBQ chips not only add the crunch, but also a great flava flav: a win-win. It’s that added dimension to your sandwich that you never knew you were missing. Until now that is.

4. Veggie Stacker

sandwich

Photo by Sara Brown

Carrots are the crunchiest of them all, so go ahead, throw ’em in. This sandwich uses carrot sticks, but don’t forget about carrot chips which were basically made for this very purpose (or let’s pretend they were).

5. Chicken Salad

sandwich

Photo by Sara Brown

The classic wavy potato chip ramps this up to a whole new level you won’t even believe. Go classic, go wavy, whatever your heart desires

If somehow those crunch factors don’t spark your appetite, the opportunities are endless. We’re talkin’ cucumbers, banana peppers, pickles, pita chips, pretzels, popcorn, or even cereal. Honestly, you do you. Whatever appeals to your taste buds at the time, throw it in and let the crunch do the talking. Warning: once you go crunch you never go back, so be prepared.