Like most memorable social gatherings, date nights are centered around food. For some, there may be a glass of wine involved, sensual ambiance and a decadent dessert for two. For others, date night may include a juicy burger at the bar, a super mug the size of your head and one-too-many French fries.

dinner

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

But what if you’re tired of the pub scene and candlelit rooftop dinners? If you’re looking for new and romantic dinner date ideas with your boo-thang, try cooking one of these five meals together.

1. A Pizza Snake

dinner

Photo courtesy of pureimajennation.com

A pizza wutttt? A pizza snake is really just a calzone shaped like a snake. This cheesy creature only requires 3 main ingredients: pizza dough, pizza sauce and lots of cheese. Feel free to use additional toppings as you please. A pizza snake is a great dinner date idea if you and your sweetie are feeling extra creative.

2. Breakfast for Dinner

dinner

Photo by Malia Hu

Fluffy pancakes, greasy bacon and buttery fried eggs are sure to brighten up your relationship. If you’re craving something a bit sweeter than savory, these delectable breakfast foods are the way to go. To make breakfast for dinner even more cozy, try cooking in your onesies and enjoying a nice cup of hot cocoa or coffee.

3. Make Your Own Taco Night

dinner

Photo by Kathleen Lee

Make your own taco night will get the creative juices flowing and mouths watering. Things might get a little heated from the fiery jalapeños and mouth-watering salsa, so be sure to have plenty of guac to cool things down.

4. Fondue

dinner

Photo courtesy of dishmaps.com

You can’t go wrong with a little melted cheese and chocolate. Fondue is an easy and inexpensive dinner date idea. Not to mention both you and your loved one’s cravings will be satisfied with the endless treat options you can dip in the fondue. This perfect combination of sweet and savory could quite literally melt someone’s heart.

5. Make Your Own Ramen Night

dinner

Photo by Steven Baboun

If you’re really trying to impress your significant other, make your own ramen night is the way to go. This doesn’t even compare to the Cup Noodles you’re used to eating at 3 am in your dorm room. Homemade ramen is sure to warm things up between you and your sweetheart.

Half the fun of eating food is making it and it’s exponentially more fun when you can share your food creations with someone you love. So, next date night, don’t be afraid to stay in and wow your significant other with these creative meal ideas.

For more delicious date ideas, check out these reads: