Blistering cold winds, snowflakes the size of meatballs and afternoon sunsets don’t exactly get you motivated to go out for a bite. But, have no fear. Below are the some of the most comforting, hearty and downright delicious foods you can eat at home to get you through your winter blues.

1. Chili

Photo by Analiese Trimber

This tasty stew filled with meat, beans, tomatoes and chili peppers will always be a classic. Top with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese, and you’re good to go. Try out this Crock-Pot Chicken Chili.

2. Curry

Photo by Maggie Gorman

One of the most aromatic and satisfying dishes around, curry will make your taste buds dance. Originating from Southeast Asian cuisines, this dish is full of herbs, spices, and hot chillies. Mix it with rice, and you’ve got a meal of champions. To satisfy those tastebuds, try the Easy Thai Green Curry with Chicken or the Healthy Jamaican Chicken Curry.

3. Ramen

Photo by Morgan Goldberg

No, I don’t meant the cheap packaged stuff you can get at your local CVS. This is the traditional ramen from Japan, with fresh, handmade noodles, a soft boiled egg, sliced pork and dried seaweed, all awaiting in a meat or fish-based broth. Slurp away. Start with these quick recipes (It’s winter quarter. It’s OK to cheat).

4. Beef Stroganoff

Photo from bettycrocker.com

With sauteed mushrooms and onions, strips of beef, thick noodles and a heavenly cream sauce flavored with wine and mustard, this Russian dish is not for the faint of heart. One plate of this, and you’re set to hibernate all winter.

5. Macaroni and Cheese

Photo by Tiare Brown

Duh. Does this even need an explanation? Macaroni noodles nestled in a thick, indulgent cheese sauce will leave a smile on your face to last through Spring. With a dish as sinful as this, you’ll want to be snowed in. To start with the basics, try The Best Mac and Cheese You’ve Ever Had. For the more adventurous souls, try these Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes.

There you have it folks. Now get cooking.