I haven’t always been a breakfast person, but I tend to go through phases where it becomes my favorite meal of the day. I usually go for oatmeal, egg white omelets or yogurt, but sometimes I’m in a rush and only have time for cereal and almond milk.

This is completely okay with me because I’m a die-hard cereal fan. However, by the time I get to the bottom of a box, I’m almost always positive I cannot eat another bite of that type of cereal. This conflict gave me the idea to buy a variety pack of different types to mix, instead of eating a bowl of the same kind each day.

Here are 5 delicious cereal combos that will spice up your morning routine:

1. Cocoa Puffs & Golden Grahams

cereal

Photo by Sydney Davis

This mix is breakfast-meets-campfire. The chocolatey puffs and crunchy grahams combine to taste just like s’mores. Use unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead of regular dairy milk for an extra element of nutty flavor to add a twist to the s’mores vibe.

2. Trix & Joe’s O’s

cereal

Photo by Sydney Davis

I always loved Trix, Froot Loops and other ridiculously colorful cereals when I was a kid, but find that they are just way too sweet for me now. To throw it back to my childhood while maintaining an acceptable sugar intake for my age group, I mix fruity cereals with plainer varieties like Life or Cheerios. Trix works really well with Trader Joe’s “Joe’s O’s” and you can control the ratio to make it more or less sweet depending on how you feel.

3. Cinnamon Toast Crunch & Honey Nut Cheerios

cereal

Photo by Sydney Davis

What two flavors could go better together than cinnamon and honey nut? I love this combo when I’m in the mood for something nutty and sweet. These two don’t only mix well together in a bowl with milk, but also in trail mix with crunchy roasted almonds, dried cranberries and mini pretzels.

4. Special K Red Berries & Frosted Cheerios

cereal

Photo by Sydney Davis

Spruce up any diet cereal by tossing in a frosted variety for some added sweetness. Frosted Flakes would work well here, too, but I like to mix textures so I opted for Frosted Cheerios in this particular combo. I know what you’re thinking – I also thought they didn’t make Frosted Cheerios anymore, but I nearly shrieked in the middle of Target when I saw them on the shelf.

5. Kix & Vanilla Chex

cereal

Photo by Sydney Davis

This is my all-time favorite combo. Kix are made of corn and Chex are made of rice, and for some magical reason, the two flavors and textures blend together perfectly. Kix work well with several different Chex flavors, but vanilla is my personal preference because of its understated sweetness.

Still want more cereal? Check out these links: