It’s 7:45 am. You’ve already hit snooze one too many times, your stomach is grumbling but you still need to get to that dreaded 8 am class. You know that when it comes down to it, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so there’s no cutting corners in that category. To prevent embarrassingly loud stomach noises from being unleashed, throwing together a quick breakfast meal is a life saver. Even if breakfast is on the go, some food is always better than no food.

1. PBBB – Peanut Butter and Banana Bagel

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @fiftyshadesoffoods on Instagram

I’ll admit it. Back in the days when I idolized the Olsen Twins, I saw them eat this sandwich, I just had to recreate it for myself. Years later – and now at Middlebury – this combination is still a classic. Toast a bagel (I prefer toasting twice), spread a healthy heap of peanut butter (the all-natural one is great), slice up a banana, add, and its ready to eat. If you have a major sweet tooth, drizzle on some honey. For extra flair add berries and choc sauce. The ultimate bagel creation is in your hands.

2. Granola Goodness Bowl

breakfast

Photo by Maggie Harriman

Did you know Middlebury has a Granola club on campus? There is a group of students that are responsible for making all that scrumptious granola we have in the dining halls. Granola keeps you full for a long time, but eating it on its own can be a bit plain. Grab a take-away cup, add granola, yogurt (the Greek yogurt in Ross is a-mazing), and cut up some fruit whether it be an apple, banana, or even grapefruit is good. This is definitely a healthy way to gear up for a day in the Library or Bihall.

3. Cheese ‘n Egg McMuffin (+ Bacon)

breakfast

Photo by Jade Hsiao

The McDonald’s Egg McMuffin has always been a travelling comfort breakfast food. Fortunately, the dining halls have all the tools to make something similar. Toast an English muffin, add a fried egg, some tomato sauce, cheese and you’re good to go. For all you meat-lovers – adding bacon is the way to go. I’d suggest wrapping the muffin in a napkin to make eating on the go effortless. Feeling fancy? Check out these awesome ways to eat English muffins more creation ideas.

4. Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal

breakfast

Photo by Meredith Robertson

Oatmeal is also another food that will keep you full throughout the morning. There are lots of different ingredients you can mix in to make your bowl of oatmeal more tasty, but my personal favorite is spicing it up by sprinkling cinnamon, and adding apple bits. This can also be eaten straight from a cup. Check out the bowls of raisins, shredded coconut, and sunflower seeds nearby, too.

5. Cinnamon and Raisin Bagel, With Cream Cheese and Jam

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @udisglutenfree on Instagram

ou can’t really go wrong. But feeling like dessert for breakfast? I’d say this is something that satisfies a sweet craving. Toast a cinnamon and raisin bagel, spread cream cheese and add jam. Bagels work for all meals – breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

*all bread options – wrap it in a napkin and take it to go.