For all you animal lovers, health nuts, and just plain foodies out there in the KC area, I am here to bring you my personal 5 best vegetarian restaurants in Kansas City. I have been a vegetarian for 8 years now and always on the ever present hunt for restaurants that serve more vegetarian options than just salad. Like do I look like a cow? Surveys says yes, but that's beside the point. What is important is finding delicious options that are also animal and health friendly! So here are my top 5 vegetarian restaurants in the Kansas City area. 

1. Eden Alley 

Eden Alley uses local, organic ingredients to create flavorful meals with, "DIVINE FLAVOR for the CONSCIOUS EATER," as stated on their website. You can find many delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner items such as Lavender Pecan Chocolate Chip French Toast  which is vegan and soy free, or try the Grilled Tofu Ruelke Sandwich. Plus Boozy Bonus, they also serve alcohol!

2. Füd

FüD is a purely vegan restaurant that offers many of your classic menu items, but only meat and dairy free. They perfectly mimic a non vegan dish with their handmade cashew cheese and infamous jack fruit. Check out their loaded nachos, consisting of pilled high organic corn chips drenched in savory cashew cheese. 

3. Cafe Gratitude 

Cafe Gratitude is another completely vegan restaurant sourcing locally grown greens to fuel their menu. Look out for menu items such as the eggplant parmesan sandwich or the pad tai kelp noodles. They even offer their own juice cleans program for $59/day with a $10 refund upon returning the bottles, click here for more details. 

4. Mud Pie - Vegan Coffeehouse and Bakery

Located in Kansas CItys Westport area, Mud Pie Bakery is an all natural good vibe vegan bakery.  With a varying daily menu, Mud Pie Bakery serves fresh, made in house daily baked goods that always pair well with their personally brewed coffee. 

5. t.loft

Though not a strictly vegetarian place, t.loft serves many organic, healthy, and scrumptious vegetarian options. They focus on clean eating and protein driven power bowls you can fill with anything from tofu to chicken. They additionally serve protein packed fresh pressed juices and shakes.

Wether your diet is vegan, vegetarian, healthy, or just looking to try something new, opt for one of these five delicious meatless meal places! So don't fear that vegan foods will be nasty with such delicious local options as these, not only will your body thank you, but your taste buds will too!