While Oakland has a variety of restaurants, it can be easy to grow tired of the food rather quickly and if you are anything like me, you have reached your threshold of Lotsa or Primanti Bros. Lucky for you, I have 5 out-of-this world recommendations that are within a 10 minute bus ride from campus or even available on delivery services like Uber Eats or Postmates. The 5 Best Restaurants outside of Oakland are:

Leon’s

If you've never had Caribbean food, this is definitely the place to try it. And, for those that are already fans, this is the place to get your fix. The Jerk Chicken and Oxtails are staples that I order every time, as well as the delicious jerk chicken wings and beef patties. They have delicious pepper steak and all entrees come with a side of rice, kidney beans, and cabbage. Leon’s is located in South Side but can also be delivered through Postmates, which is a major win.

Address: 823 E Warrington Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15210

Phone:412-431-5366

K & T’s Fish & Chicken

While some of you may already know about this place, the rest will thank me later. Located on the corner of Craig & Centre, this shop offers the best fried chicken you can behold. Their secret seasoning is irresistible and it goes well with chicken, seafood, and the fries. I recommend the fried shrimp and chicken wing combo and as an added bonus to this heavenly restaurant there is free delivery to any location in Oakland - just give them a call.

Address: 4521 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Phone: 412-621-2526

Tessaro's

Without a doubt in my mind, the BEST burger place in Pittsburgh. Located in Bloomfield, this family restaurant prides itself in not offering fried foods. Instead, they boast roasted potatoes with their one-of-a-kind burger and offer delicious dishes of steak, ribs, lamb, and chicken. Even better yet, it's family owned and operated and definitely a place you must try!

Address: 4601 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15224

Phone:412-682-6809

Gaucho Parilla Argentina

If you have never been to the Strip District, I definitely recommend making your way there. It is home to some of the best restaurants outside of Oakland. On weekends, you can find tons of outdoor vendors on the sidewalks providing a flea market feel. Gaucho offers top-of-the-line Spanish food with prime cuts and fantastic empanadas. Their homemade juices are also excellent.

Address: 1601 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Phone:412-709-6622

Double Wide Grill

This is the perfect place to hit with a group a friends as it is sure to have something for everyone. There are tons of deliciously cooked meat dishes with a large variety of vegan foods as well. Although I haven’t tried the seitan wings *yet*, I have heard roaring reviews. The milkshakes are fantastic and you will be sure to get a meal that gives you the best bang for your buck. Also available on Postmates and Grubhub

Address: 2339 E Carson St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Phone: 412 390-1111

Next time you get tired of Chipotle or Lotsa, be sure to give these best restaurants outside Oakland a try!