While studying for finals, it may be tempting to reach for your third cup of coffee. Instead, try these delicious pick-me-ups.

Blueberries

energy

Photo by Hannah Lin

Blueberries have been shown to improve memory function. Snack on a cup of blueberries, or drink blueberry juice instead of your afternoon coffee. Better yet, make some blueberry crumb bars or blueberry and Greek yogurt cookies.

Low-Fat String Cheese

String cheese is one of the healthiest cheeses. Milk sugar, or lactose, can give you instant energy, and the protein can help you stay full for longer. Plus, cheese is full of calcium, which can keep your bones strong.

Citrus Fruits

energy

Photo by Hannah Lin

Fruit’s fiber and complex carbs provide long-lasting energy to help you get through that problem set. In fact, sniffing citrus can help with alertness. Consider snacking on a blood orange, or follow this guide for your perfect citrus snack.

Hard-Boiled Eggs

energy

Photo by Justin Shannin

An egg, which has only about 70 calories, can keep you full for three hours and help sustain your energy levels. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice onto a hard-boiled egg, and season with salt and pepper. Since the egg yolk has saturated fat, if you want to be healthier, only eat the white.

Dark Chocolate

energy

Photo by Katelyn Jones

We all love chocolate. Specifically, dark chocolate can stimulate the production of endorphins, which can pick up your mood and keep you studying. Whip up some dark chocolate bark, and be the most popular one at your next group meeting.

[divider_1px]

More good stuff here: