We all need breaks from cafeteria food, but sometimes, we just can’t be bothered to get in the car and drive to our fave spots. Enter: the food truck. Here are a few of the best on our campus here at UH Mānoa, in no particular order.

1. Le Crepe Café

food trucks

Photo by Stefen Joshua Rasay

Want to eat somewhere cool, quiet, and away from campus noise? Find Le Crepe Café in the Richardson School of Law.

If you’re craving sweet and savory, they offer crepes for breakfast, lunch, and dessert all throughout the day. Make sure to kick it in gear when walking to get your crepes because sometimes there is a line.

Getting quality sweet and savory crepes can’t be any cheaper. On average, breakfast crepes cost $6, lunch crepes cost $8, and dessert crepes cost $5. Bon appétit!

2. Serg’s Kitchen

food trucks

Photo by Stefen Joshua Rasay

Finding quality Mexican cuisine is the ultimate struggle for Hawaiʻi locals. Lucky for us, there is Serg’s so conveniently parked on Legacy Path or by POST. They are famous for their floutas, which are basically bundles of joy oh-so-gently wrapped in a fried blanket.

In addition, they serve up delicious items like chimichangas and tacos that come with black beans and Spanish rice. Each plate comes in at around $8, so this place can give you some real bang for your buck.

3. Tokoname Express

food trucks

Photo by Stefen Joshua Rasay

Every other day, Tokoname Express switches with the Serg’s Kitchen food truck between Legacy Path and POST. You’ll definitely want to check out this bento truck. They offer a variety of Japanese food for less than $10. Bentos come with chicken (karaage, furikake, katsu or teriyaki) or specialty sushi rolls. Each bento is filled with rice, tamago, inari nigiri, hosomaki, tsukemono, ginger, and wasabi.

We recommend you get there as soon as possible because they run out fast–they are just that popular. So make sure to hele quickly for that delicious bite.

4. Da Spot

food trucks

Photo by Erin Kushimaejo

Simple salads on campus just not cutting it for you vegetarians? Listen to this: Head down to the Sustainability Courtyard (by HIG, Kuykendall, and Sakamaki) for some great meatless meals and cooling drinks.

It’s regarded as a great alternative to Jamba Juice. Da Spot features more than 15 different smoothies with some exotic fruits (you can also make your own concoction–so, go crazy).

Known for their vibrant saffron rice paired with bright spring salads and different kinds of curries, Da Spot will not only satisfy your vegetarian cravings but also transport you all over the world for just under $10. You can go from Thailand with creamy curries to Italy with their Eggplant Parmesan to Turkey with their baklava. No passport needed.

5. Uahi Island Grill

food trucks

Photo by Erin Kushimaejo

For your viewing pleasure: this picture of Uahi Island Grill’s furikake chicken. You can thank us later. Their food truck, located by Kennedy Theatre, offers up some ʻono local food such as garlic chicken and kalua pig sandwiches to fill you up before your next class.

All of the food is upwards of $7, but considering there’s usually not much of a wait, we think it’s worth it. Plus, each plate comes with your choice of either mac salad or kimchee, and rice. Seriously–there’s no resisting the flame-broiled goodness.