With Spring semester rolling in, we already know the hotspots: where to study, where to catch a nap between classes, but most importantly, where to eat. Whether you’re a cookie monster or a kale head, if you love food, Spoon at SAIC is an organization you need to be part of. With the streets of downtown Chicago flooded with food opportunities, here are some reasons you should take advantage of Spoon at SAIC:

1. Portfolio! 

As art students, the race for portfolio pieces can be exhausting/boring. Diversify that beautiful compilation with some pieces you created at Spoon. Spoon isn’t just about writing, so no worries you’ll have some vibrant pictures and videos that’ll complement your art perfectly. The mouth watering pictures, videos, and articles you created are waiting to be seen by your audience

2. Exploring Campus

Because SAIC is located in Chicago’s Loop, our campus is saturated with the yummiest of restaurants and quick bites. If you’re a freshman or a senior, it is always exciting to find new places to eat and become acquainted with Chicago’s decadent food culture. 

3. Networking

Making new friends on campus is already hard enough with our full scheds, but joining a club that is exclusively foodies only can help you find people with similar likes and goals (even if it means holding your chair still to get that perfect aerial pic). As a member of Spoon, you also get to network with professionals all over the city! 

4. Resources

Tired of searching 27 different websites and going through your likes to find the best food/health things to do in Chicago? Well, Spoon serves as an info hub for all those goodies/hacks that take eons to find. 

If you’re a food-lover in SAIC, you belong in Spoon. All you need to qualify is the ability to eat! (JK) But apply to SAIC’s Spoon chapter to truly heighten your foodie experience. This is your chance to become part of an amazing student-led community that lets you explore your food-obsessed side.