We've all been there: your friend's birthday is coming up, but so are two midterms, a paper, a group project, and a horribly-timed cold. During these times, we rarely have the time to roam around all of our favorite stores or make a trip to the mall to find the perfect gifts for our friends. If your friends love food, though, you can make or buy them these sweet treats to celebrate. Because let's be real, these goodies are more thoughtful and memorable than anything else you might try to throw together at the last minute. Here are the four food birthday presents you need.

1. For the Sophisticated Friend: Chocolate Covered Strawberries

sweet, strawberry
Hareena Kaur

You can never go wrong with chocolate covered strawberries. They have the perfect amount of chocolatey goodness as well as a good amount of fruit – that technically makes them healthy, right? Make this for your friend who is a steady, fun, and balanced presence. Your friend's got their life together, and so do these strawberries! They're easy to make but look like a million bucks. Try this recipe.

2. For the Fun Friend: Chocolate Covered Pretzels

candy, chocolate
Hareena Kaur

This one's a classic but still fun. Take your favorite kind of pretzels (mine is the rods because they're super simple to work with), dip them in melted chocolate – white, milk, dark, or any combination all work great. Add toppings if you wish (I chose the classic colored sprinkles, lay them out to dry on parchment paper, and then present them however you like, but the easiest way is to put them in a clear bag and decorate. Sweet, simple, fun, and unique, just like your friend!

3. For the Supermodel: Karlie Kloss Kookies

sweet, oatmeal cookie, oatmeal, cookie, chocolate
Hareena Kaur

This one's for the girl who does yoga, leads a balanced and healthy lifestyle, and knows all of Karlie Kloss' sister's names. Make her these kookies! Karlie has raved about both the taste and nutrition of these, so they're sure to please any palette. The recipe is super simple. Although mine came out a little misshaped, it's the thought (and taste) that counts. Alternatively, if you plan ahead to allow for ordering/shipping and wouldn't mind spending a few extra bucks, order the "Klossies" from Milk Bar online!

4. For the Trendy Friend: Cake Pops

cake, sweet, candy, egg, chocolate
Hareena Kaur

We all have that one friend who is always on top of the latest trends and fashions. Cake pops are the perfect gifts for this friend; they're arguably one of the most – if not THE most – popular-chic dessert trend in the past few years. These are super easy to buy, especially from Starbucks, but if you're looking to put a more personalized touch on them, try this recipe.

All of these options are easy to make and possible to buy as well. If you find yourself looking for presents at the last minute, get something on this list and I assure you, your friends will definitely appreciate the snacks, especially when exam season sneaks up!