Did you know that ranch dressing and sunscreen have something in common? Or that you can make your tonic water glow? The following food facts will satisfy your cravings for food-related Trivia Crack answers and will leave you skeptical of the next Big Mac your roommate decides to order.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

1. No matter which Fruit Loop you eat, they all taste the same.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

2. One 20-oz. bottle of Coke has more sugar in it than a large Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll, the equivalent of two full shot glasses of sugar.

food facts

3. One in every eight Americans has been employed by McDonald’s.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

4. Subway chicken breast strips contain 25 additional ingredients other than chicken.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

5. Consuming dried fruit lessens the antioxidant and vitamin levels by over 30% and increases the sugar concentration.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

6. According to World Botanical, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are not classified as “berries,” but bananas, tomatoes, avocados, pumpkins, and watermelons are.

food facts

7. Grass-fed beef contains two to five times more omega 3’s than grain-fed beef.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

8. Oysters provide more vitamin B than skim milk.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

9. In 2011, 29.9 lbs of antibiotics were sold to the meat production industry, more than four times the amount sold to treat people that year.

food facts

Gif courtesy of moviepilot.com

10. The crystalline compound quinine in tonic water turns the liquid blue when placed under a black light.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

11. Chipotle uses 97,000 avocados for an average day of guac production.

food facts

Gif courtesy of wifflegif.com

12. The antioxidants in cinnamon can prevent weight gain and diabetes.

food facts

Gif courtesy of gifrific.com

13. Alaska produces more than half of all the seafood caught in the U.S.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

14. One cup of air popped popcorn contains more antioxidants than a piece of fruit.

food facts

Gif courtesy of reactiongifs.com

15. If the rate of fishing continues, the industry is predicted to collapse in 2048.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

16. An average ear of corn has 16 rows of kernels.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

17. Red food coloring found in Skittles and other candies is actually crushed up carmine, a type of beetle.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

18. Chewing gum is softened by the additive Lanolin, which is an oily secretion found on sheep’s wool.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

19. Most wasabi is actually colored horseradish.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

20. Apples, pears and plums belong to the rose family.

food facts

Gif courtesy of gifsec.com

21. The most expensive pizza in the world costs $12,000 and takes 72 hours to make.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

22. The winner of the 2013 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest consumed 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes.

food facts

Gif courtesy of ign.com

23. Tea bags were originally used to send tea samples until they realized it was a good packaging method.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

24. McDonald’s sells 75 hamburgers per second, every day.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

25. Each fast food hamburger can contain meat from over 100 different cows.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

26. Ranch dressing contains the same whitening agent, titanium dioxide, as some paints and sunscreen.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

27. Eating bananas can help fight depression.

food facts

Gif courtesy of reactiongifs.com

28. The most expensive fruit in the world is the Japanese Yubari cantaloupe. Two melons once sold at auction for $23,500.

food facts

Gif courtesy of fromthemotionpicture.tumblr.com

29. SPAM is short for spiced ham.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

30. The popsicle was invented by an eleven-year-old in 1905.

food facts

Gif courtesy of brightestyoungthings.com

31. Cucumbers are the most hydrating food comprised of 96% water.

food facts

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Remember these strange facts the next time you visit the grocery store for “spiced ham,” a multi-purposed salad dressing, an array of Fruit Loop flavors and a $12,000 frozen pizza. You have been warned.

Interested in learning even more strange and unusual food facts? Check out these suggested reads: