Peak strawberry season may have come and gone, but my love for the tasty fruit hasn't. There have been many times that I've purchased strawberries and they were gone in the blink of an eye. When that happens, there seems to be a desire to buy even more the next time. However, with more fruit comes more responsibility (to eat it). There have also been plenty of times where life gets the best of me and I find myself neglecting the fruit until they have nearly gone bad. So like any other financially cautious student, I decided to find ways to use up those berries, beyond the traditional snacking. After a very extensive research assignment, I've found the perfect recipes to share 3 ways to use day old strawberries.

Strawberry Muffins

muffin, pastry, sweet, cake
Thomas Chou

I want to kick this list off with my favorite way to use strawberries. I stumbled upon this masterpiece accidentally through the height of the great 2020 Covid quarantine. I had some berries that had started to ripen a little too fast for me and I wasn't going to waste them. Then I really craved a muffin, so putting two and two together it was time for me to scour the internet for a recipe. I definitely had the time after all. Now, there are dozens of these recipes all over the internet, and like any recipe it's easy to get overwhelmed with all of the options. However,  I picked this one from Inspired Taste and haven't looked back since!

Strawberry Sweet Tea

tea
Mackenzie Huggins

Summer may have ended but there's always room for sweet tea! This doesn't mean you can't still relish in the deliciousness of pumpkin spice, but consider giving one of our favorite fruits a bit of attention this fall.  Now, picture the most refreshing glass of sweet tea you've ever had and think about how much better it would have been if it had strawberries. And, there you have it! Strawberry sweet tea. This recipe by Divas Can Cook is sure to leave you hydrated and satisfied year-round.

Whipped Strawberry Honey Butter

bread, butter, sweet, dairy product, cream, baguette
Caroline Ingalls

Who doesn't love brunch? Whether you love the opportunity to get dressed up and take pictures with friends, or the actual meal, this recipe is sure to be a hit at your next one! This butter only uses four ingredients that you likely already have (butter, water, honey and the strawberries). This butter pairs perfectly on top of scones, biscuits, or even right out of the bowl. You can pair this recipe by Bare Feet in the Kitchen with whatever your heart desires

I'd like to argue that the strawberry is one of the most universal fruits, and I think these recipes go to show it. You've now added 3 ways to use strawberries to your recipe bank. So, next time you find yourself with more strawberries than you can handle, or even want a new way to enjoy them, give one of these recipes a try. Who knows, after trying one you may be inspired to create your own fun recipe.