Thanksgiving is the understated best holiday (sorry Christmas) for two main reasons: you drink and you eat. A lot. Sure, there are the awkward family interactions to get through, but it’s all worth it to watch Grandma get drunk off hot cider as you reach for your third piece of pecan pie. Because Thanksgiving is all about that food (and drank), food pictures are at their very best.
The Thanksgiving food porn on Instagram is in its prime at this very moment and I’m here to bring you the most drool-worthy examples. To have your Thanksgiving feast and all other edible adventures captured for all to see, tag us at #spoonsgiving (and always at #spoonfeed) and follow us @spoonuniversity on Instagram!
For those of you who are really ambitious, some of these photos include links to the recipe for you to make the food porn virtuality a reality. For those of you who just need a moment to salivate over your computer screen, this one’s for you, too.
Warning: NSFW. This article includes highly graphic images of food.
To whet the appetite…
1. Maple-Roasted Chickpeas
2. The Most Epic Cheese Board
Because everything delicious comes with cheese. @honestlyyum.
3. Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread
4. Avocado Bruschetta Toasts
5. Miso Deviled Eggs
Soups & Sides
Gotta have side food to go with your main food.
6. Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread
7. Autumn Soup with Pumpkin, Red Lentils and Ginger
Soup is great because its liquid so doesn’t take up as much room in the stomach, letting you eat even more. At least, that’s the scientific explanation. Thanks to @mzpoetic for the inspiration.
8. Lobster & Bacon Stuffing
9. Bourbon Sweet Potato and Pecan Casserole
@halfbakedharvest has introduced a whole new world with liquor, sweet potatoes, glazed pecans and bacon. Sorry, vegetarians, but bacon makes everything better including ye olde sweet potato casserole. Recipe here.
10. Roasted Shiitake Mushroom & Asian Pear Salad
11. Pumpkin Corn Bread
12. Wild Blueberry Stuffing with Mushrooms, Leeks andParsnip
The best fruit + the best veggies stacked into one amazing stuffing recipe. @danielleomar even included some the super food of the year, quinoa, and those anti-oxidant rich blueberries so you can say you had a healthy Thanksgiving meal. Get wild over these blueberries.
13. Twice-Baked Sweet Potato with Marshmallow
Thanksgiving motto: sweet potato everything. @emsjellytoast gets it.
Life beyond the turkey.
14. Jamie Oliver’s Nut Roast
Swoon-worthy chef Jamie Oliver (@jamieoliver) brings us an untraditional main course that’s meatloaf’s meatless cousin. Help out the vegetarians who are usually isolated to the salad and cheese plate and add this to the Thanksgiving table.
15. Korean Style Spicy Pork Belly
16. Lasagna-Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
17. Sweet & Spicy Roast Chicken
18. Caramelized Onion Tart
19. Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Turkey
Bring me my pie.
20. Molten Chocolate Pumpkin Streusel Bread
21. Peanut Butter Oreo S’mores
22. Sunken Apple & Honey Cake
23. Double Dark Chocolate Macaroon Tart
24. Cowboy Chocolate Bark
@averiesunshine takes a tip from Trader Joe’s to re-create their legendary cowboy bark, and yup it’s legendary for all the right reasons: chocolate, Oreos, pretzels, nuts, toffee, ermygerd it’s all the cravings at once. Break off some of that bark.
25. Double-Layer Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake
Just look at it. (@holidaypartyplanner)
26. Chocolate-Drizzled Pecan & Caramelized Sweetened Condensed Milk Sandwich Cookies
27. Salted Caramel Apple Pie
Feast Your Eyes on More Thanksgiving Fare: