Are you a podcast person? I wasn't either, until I found a whole mix of podcasts that I was truly interested in- all about food! Now, I listen to podcasts when I'm driving to campus, cycling, or out on a run. Here's a list of my favorite food podcasts that are guaranteed to help you make it through the day. 

Spilled Milk 

A little quirky, a little fun, and slightly inappropriate- Spilled Milk a podcast that always manages to brighten my day. Hosts Molly and Matthew purchase or make different foods every week and sample them on the air. Although the show starts out pretty straightforward, the conversation ends up getting derailed pretty quickly (so if you're a "what's-the-point" podcast listener, Spilled Milk probably isn't for you). My favorite episodes include the Pop Tarts episode, Bagels episode, and Farro episode. 

The Sporkful

This is the podcast I have to take in doses because I find Dan Pashman's laugh to be possibly the worst sound on Planet Earth. All personal faults aside, The Sporkful takes a deep dive into food politics and food people to ask the important questions about how food and culture intertwine. Dan features food icons like TV-personality Guy Fieri, restauranteur David Chang, and entrepreneur Cara Nicoletti. 

Christopher Kimball's Milkstreet Radio 

If you're a fan of National Public Radio (NPR), chances are you've heard of Milkstreet Radio. Every week, Christopher Kimball answers cooking questions, shares recipes, interviews food people, and shares some philosophical wisdom. It's easy listening and great if you need something to listen to while driving. 

Eater's Digest 

I just got introduced to Eater's Digest a few weeks ago and I was very glad to hear about a news-podcast all about food! Typically, each week's episode contains a feature story and some soundbites about what's happening in the world of food. Eater's Digest is how I've been staying up-to-date with how COVID-19 is impacting the food scene and I recommend it for all- foodies or not! 

Bite

The Bite podcast has a special place in my heart. It's food-politics focused and typically covers major breaking news in the world of food. I like how Bite is often able to discuss controversies in food (e.g. do elderberries actually boost your immunity) without getting too divisive.  

Gastropod

History and science buffs- this one is for you. Gastropod is a biweekly show that focuses on how food came to be as well as the science behind why it works. If you've ever wanted to know why Americans are so obsessed with carbonated beverages or how Kombucha is made, this podcast is for you! 

Racist Sandwich 

If you want to become a more socially-aware and intersectional foodie, you need to listen to Stephanie Kuo's and Juan Ramirez's Racist Sandwich podcast. The duo integrate diverse perspectives into the conversation around food to underline the imperative for equity. 

Although Racist Sandwich stopped recording in 2019, it's still one of my favorites.