2018 graduates are soon to enter the adult world, so bid farewell to vodka shots and hello to more classic vodka cocktails. Imagine how embarrassing it'd be if you went out with your new colleagues and all you knew to order was shots. Be proactive and learn which cocktails are popular so you can look good in front of your coworkers. This list includes the most common vodka drinks that you will be able to find anywhere.

#SpoonTip: The ABV (alcohol by volume) is listed for each drink. However, please note that there's no standard ABV for each drink since bars will make each drink differently. 

1. Cape Cod or Cranberry Vodka

Most students call this a cranberry vodka. However, its formal name is a Cape Cod, as it's named after America's unofficial cranberry capital. Cranberry is a year-round rockstar in this cocktail. The signature sip of Massachusetts contains only two ingredients: vodka and cranberry. 

Alcohol content: 14% ABV

2. Moscow Mule

Victoria Guo

You probably won't find this drink at a club, but it's a staple at fancier bars. Its unique mixture of vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer is not only refreshing, but the spicier ginger soda will also wake your body up. 

Alcohol content: 11% ABV

3. Screwdriver

A screwdriver is one of the sweetest cocktails I've had in my life. Some call it spiked fruit juice because it reminds them of the spiked punch they made at college parties. It's a mix of vodka and orange juice (fresh squeezed is preferred), which is perfect for happy hour hangouts or a brunch with the girls.

Alcohol content: 11.4% ABV

4. Bloody Mary

vegetable, Cocktails, bloody mary, holding a cocktail
Alexandra Redmond

When you're just entering the adult world, this is a drink you probably already know, but are still not comfortable with. It's a mix of vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, hot sauces, spices, and is topped with celery. If you're not ready to order this bad boy at a bar, make it at home as a morning-after remedy.

Alcohol content: 5% ABV

5. Salty Dog

Like tart drinks? A combination of vodka (or gin) with grapefruit juice and a briny salt brim will trigger your taste buds. This classic vodka cocktail is perfect to sip while ugly crying on your couch watching your favorite drama.

#SpoonTip: If the drink seems too sour, add a dash of simple syrup to bring in a little sweetness.

Alcohol content: 12% ABV

6. Sea Breeze

Don't forget your sunglasses, because this drink is great for a vacation in the summertime. Vodka with cranberry juice and a dash of grapefruit juice make for a refreshing and slightly sour drink on those hot summer nights. 

Alcohol content: 10% ABV

7. Long Island Iced Tea

I know you're reading this list just to find new ways to get drunk, am I right? This drink will get you drunk super fast and you'll not even notice, so drink with caution! Despite its name, a Long Island iced tea doesn't contain tea. The ingredient list is long: five white distilled spirits, a shot of simple syrup, lemon juice, and Coke. It's perfect for people who always dream about Spring Break and are finally ready for it.

Alcohol content: 16% ABV

8. Greyhound

Very similar to the Salty Dog, a Greyhound differs in its ratio of vodka to grapefruit juice. Vodka adds very little flavor so you're basically drinking spiked juice. Some bartenders use strawberry, bloody orange, or kiwi-infused vodka to add a fun twist.

Alcohol content: 12% ABV

9. Kamikaze

The first shot cocktail on the list a Kamikaze contains vodka, Triple Sec, and lemon/lime juice. The drink gets its name from its powerful bomb-like effect of quickly turning your soberness to ashes. It's a perfect drink for a club night when you're tired of doing basic shots but don't feel confident in finishing a whole cocktail.

Alcohol content: 34% ABV

11. White Russian

coffee, milk, ice, espresso, tea
Athena Huynh

Another classic shot cocktail, the White Russian brings together Kahlua, vodka, and heavy cream. It's a drink that every bartender should know and every drinker should try. Best for after dinner or happy hour drink.

Alcohol content: 24% ABV

12. Vodka Red Bull

Love it or hate it, a Vodka Red Bull is one of the most popular vodka cocktails. It's the simplest to make on this list; you just pour a shot of vodka into a glass of Red Bull. Just be careful with mixing caffeine and alcohol!

Alcohol content: 13% ABV

13. Tom Collins

This is your "on-the-beach" cocktail. It's a refreshing drink when you want to enjoy your vodka slowly. Tom Collins is a sour and sweet drink that contains vodka, lemon juice, simple syrup, and a splash of club soda.

Alcohol content: 9% ABV

14. Cosmopolitan

The original Cosmopolitan recipe calls for vodka, Cointreau, lime juice, and cranberry juice. This pretty-in-pink drink is one of the classiest cocktails, and it was made famous thanks to the ladies on Sex and the City. This is a fruity drink and it's perfect for anyone who loves vodka, but hates the taste of it.

Alcohol content: 27% ABV

15. Appletini

Appletini is a fun twist on a classic vodka cocktail martini. It's a great fall drink when apples are in season. While the kids are making caramel apples, their parents can make themselves an apple martini. This cocktail is a combination of Green Apple Vodka and butterscotch schnapps.

Alcohol content: 25% ABV

16. Mudslide

A Mudslide is the perfect beach-side beverage and can be served on the rocks or blended into a boozy milkshake. It's very similar to a White Russian, but instead of heavy cream this drink calls for Irish cream liqueur, coffee liqueur, and vodka.

Alcohol content: 29% ABV

17. Lemon Drop Martini

Vodka is perfect for creating different types of martinis and the Lemon Drop Martini is one of the most common examples. This sweet and sour drink contains vodka, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup. It's a great dessert drink after a fancy dinner in town.

Alcohol content: 18% ABV

18. Smith and Wesson

This drink is very light on the alcohol, so you can pretty much drink it at any occasion. Since one of the components is cream, it gives this drink an ice cream float vibe. The Smith and Wesson also contains coffee liqueur or creme de cacao. 

Alcohol content: 9% ABV

19. Vodka and Tonic

Looking for a refreshing drink that still contains alcohol? A vodka tonic isn't sweet and won't leave you craving more sugar. Most of the drinks on this list are extremely sweet to cover up the burning vodka taste, but tonic is a perfect replacement. This lightly alcoholic beverage is refreshing and only has two ingredients, vodka and tonic.

Alcohol content: 10% ABV

20. Sex on the Beach

Last but not least is the drink that females are embarrassed to ask for and males get too excited about. A Sex on the Beach is great for hot summer nights or afternoons at the beach. The traditional recipe calls for vodka, peach schnapps, creme de cassis, orange juice, and cranberry juice.

Alcohol content: 11% ABV

What better way to end your university years than with traditional adulting drinks? This list sums up most of the classic vodka cocktails that you should try at least once in your lifetime, especially if you're a big fan of vodka. Don't limit yourself to plain, straight-up drinks—a little sweetness never hurt nobody. If you're not a huge fan of cocktails, try these 13 ways to make vodka taste better.