Thanksgiving is a time to come together with loved ones to give thanks and, more importantly, eat some bomb food. While turkey and mashed potatoes are great, they would be nowhere without their reliable prelude—the appetizers. Outlined below are 21 of the best, most epic Thanksgiving appetizers to satisfy your family (and yourself).

1. Garlic Herb Turkey Cheeseball

Michelle Buffardi / Cooking Channel

This classic and adorable appetizer combines savory herbs with nutty almonds to create a true palette-pleaser. These cheese balls also offer versatility of size, which makes them easy to personalize--make mini personal turkeys, or one giant turkey for your party to share. 

2. Rosemary Roasted Cashews

Food Network

These nuts hit every taste sensation, with an aromatic, earthy note from the rosemary, a slight kick from the cayenne, and a touch of sweetness found in the brown sugar. Perfect for munching on by the handful, they're an ideal pre-turkey treat.

3. Cranberry, Feta, and Walnut Salad

Rpavinee / Genius Kitchen

Ugh, I know, a salad. Bear with me, this salad combines some delicious flavors, and the veggies will leave a bit of room for the  heavy stuff you'll be chowing down on in the main course. Light and crisp salad greens, tossed with sweet cranberries, salty feta, and crunchy walnuts, create a perfectly light and balanced starter.

4. Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Food Network

OK, this one isn't exactly a Thanksgiving classic, but it is a classic nonetheless. Who doesn't love a good spinach dip? To make it even better, this simple recipe is easy enough for the most inept chefs to handle, and can be whipped up in 15 minutes. Yes, please!

5. Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

Food Network

Brussels sprouts are an incredibly polarizing veggie--either you love them or you hate them. These sprouts, however, have bacon, so really, what's not to love? Satisfy the bacon lovers in your life with these pimped-out sprouts!

6. Deviled Eggs

Food Network

These deviled eggs require a bit of time to prep and cook, but the outcome is so worth it. Beloved by many, deviled eggs are a staple to any party or family event. This recipe sticks to the basics, with a clean product that's just as pleasing to the palette as it is to the eyes. 

7. Caramelized Onion and Sage Dip

Cooking Channel

A bit classier than the last snack, this show-stopping appetizer combines the sweet bite of caramelized onions with the fragrant earthiness of sage to form this addictive dip. Perfect for crackers, potato chips, or anything else you can get your hands on, this dip will be gone faster than you can say "turkey."   

8. Roasted Potato and Leek Soup

Food Network

This one's for you soup lovers out there (I didn't forget about you)! The classic, rustic flavors of this soup find perfect harmony between rich and light, with leeks and arugula adding freshness to the hearty potatoes and cream. If you are hosting a classy sit-down affair, this soup makes the perfect starting course.

9. Brie and Cranberry Stuffed Bread

Food Network

Channeling the more classic Thanksgiving flavor of cranberries, combined with the distinctness of warm, melty brie, this classy appetizer will be a showstopper at your gathering of choice. This bread bowl is perfect to rip-and-dip, and looks like it requires a lot more effort to prepare than it actually does (but don't worry, I won't tell). 

10. Roasted Cauliflower Head

Food Network

Veggie lovers, this one's for you! This roasted cauliflower dish takes the classic earthiness of cauliflower and spices it up with dijon mustard and parmesan. Although the given recipe is a crowd favorite, the flavors can be modified to fit the taste of your guests. Feel free to get creative with this diverse vegetable dish. 

11. Goat Cheese Log with Dill

Food Network

If you have an appreciation for goat cheese, then this simple starter is perfect to entertain with. This is another chance to let your culinary creativity show, as the cheese can be paired with other herbs (besides dill), and you can dive into this savory log with whatever crackers, breads, and veggies you have available in the kitchen.

12. Cornbread Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms

Food Network

A combination of incredibly polarizing foods, these stuffed appetizers are ideal for those who enjoy mushrooms, sausage, bell peppers, and cornbread. These classy snacks are great for a classier affair, and will likely please the palette of the guests with more refined tastebuds.

13. Creamed Corn Dip

Food Network

Corn lovers rejoice, this dip is a creamy culmination of flavors, highlighted with notes of corn, onion, parsley, and parmesan. Perfect for toasted bread, crackers, veggies, and more, your guests will be thankful for this bowl of love.

14. Caramelized Onion and Bacon Pull-Apart Bread

Food Network

If you hate messes, this bread may not be for you! This carb-y creation comprises melty cheese, stringy onions, and perfectly-greasy bacon. Easy to make and even easier to eat, this appetizer will have your guests licking their fingers and begging for the recipe. 

15. Fried Ravioli

Food Network

OK, I know, this isn't exactly a Thanksgiving staple, but bear with me. These fried ravioli are perfect for a more casual get together, and bring some Italian flair to this aggressively-American holiday. Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, with a sweet and tangy kick from the sauce, these are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser, no matter the holiday.

16. Green Chile and Spinach Dip

Genius Kitchen

This easy dip is perfect to whip together and throw into the oven without much thought, but the final product creates a lovely, complex flavor profile. There are notes of earthy spinach as well as a mild kick from the chiles, and its satisfying creaminess is derived from the mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo. This appetizer makes it difficult to not fill up on chips and dip alone!

17. Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp

Food Network

Seafood lovers of America, here's a recipe for you! These easy, bite-sized snacks are perfect for a last-minute appetizer, or just for a stress-free addition to your lineup. Crispy bacon and a flavorful marinade combine to make these little crustaceans pop at your party.

18. Swiss, Bacon, and Almond Dip

Swirling F. / Genius Kitchen

Surprise, another dish with bacon! A unique combination of flavors, this dip takes salty bacon, and marries it with savory Swiss cheese and nutty almonds. The creaminess is derived from cream cheese and mayo, with an added kick of dijon mustard. Ideal for chips and crackers, this rich dip will be a true crowdpleaser. 

19. Parmesan Breadsticks

Food Network

Although they require a bit more effort to prepare, these parmesan breadsticks are perfect to dip into any of the dips that have been named before. Make any of the dips from this list (or any of your personal favorites), and use these sticks as a deliciously salty vessel of flavor. 

20. Crab Cake-Stuffed Mushrooms 

Genius Kitchen

And now, for the grand finale, I present these savory stuffed mushrooms. Perfect for mushroom and seafood lovers alike, these pop-able bites are a refined choice for your Thanksgiving gathering. Your guests are sure to go back for more than just one, and it's impossible to be crabby after chowing down on a couple of these.