The struggle is very, very real for Bryant students.

1. The way-too-many options on the menu

struggle

GIF courtesy of theodysseyonline.com

Obviously, this is one of the biggest struggles we all face when heading to Nick’s. With options ranging from the chicken quesadilla to the roadhouse, there really is no going wrong when ordering (but we all know nothing beats the classic pesto chicken sandwich).

2. Deciding to order online

struggle

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

This is definitely a first world problem, but I know that my order will never come out the way I want it when I order online. Also, I’m not really sure how I feel about my food sitting under a heat lamp while I crawl out of bed and get bundled up to walk to the FSC. Call me old fashioned, but I love having a nice conversation with some of the great people that work behind the counter.

3. Showing up at an odd time for dinner because you want to use a meal swipe

struggle

GIF courtesy of jeffersonparishparent.com

One of the most annoying things about night classes is trying to find time to eat. Salmo is closed, and you have less than an hour to get Nick’s, too. I think we all want the meal swipe to last all night, especially for late night study sessions when you’re dying for some crispy chicken goodness to get you through all the CIS work.

4. Being limited in what you can pick because of said meal swipe

struggle

GIF courtesy of bbs.boingboing.net

Don’t even get me started on the limited options for the meal swipe. If I want extra bacon on my burger and sweet potato fries, I should get them. Okay, maybe I see where they’re coming from because I would go crazy for virtually free Nick’s, but what do you expect from broke college kids?

5. The guilt of making your meal a combo

struggle

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

“Yeah I’ll have the quesadilla and chicken tenders and I’ll take this bag of cookies. Oh, and uh…can I make that a combo?” Like I said before, I’m a hungry girl.

6. Trying to pick a healthier option

struggle

GIF courtesy of thecelebrityauction.co

We all want to look ~trendy~ by getting a salad, but let’s be real: nothing beats the deliciousness of the deep fried, grease covered sandwiches at Nick’s Place. The salads aren’t even that healthy to begin with; they’re covered in dressing, and I end up getting crispy chicken on it anyways.

7. Realizing you don’t want to be healthy and adding those fries anyways

struggle

Oh the beauty, oh the saltiness, oh the delicious, guilty pleasure of getting a side of fries. Let’s face it, we only get the sandwich to get the fries and that’s okay. Nick’s fries are totally on point and easily one of my favorite things to order when I go. Can you even call yourself a bulldog if you don’t eat Nick’s fries?

8. The vegetarian struggle

struggle

GIF courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Let’s give the vegetarians a round of applause for putting up with the lack of veggie options at Nick’s. I love salads, but I can’t imagine eating them for every meal. This is a problem that Nick’s is already aware of, so let’s see what they can come up with.

9. Picking your order solely based off of the wait time

struggle

GIF courtesy of yourtango.com

Boy do I love turkey burgers, but boy do I hate the time it takes to make one. Some food is just too good to create in typical fast food time, but this does influence me to go for the roadhouse over the turkey burger. Let’s face the truth, I’m a hungry girl and I wait for no one.

10. You order, and the wait begins…

struggle

GIF courtesy of theodysseyonline.com

Obviously the most frustrating thing about getting food from Nick’s place is the wait (more like the anticipation for the deliciousness that Nick’s provides). I can’t tell you how much time I’ve wasted walking back and forth from my table to the counter and how many conversations I’ve had with the friendly workers. Nick’s Place: the biggest tease on campus.

11. Finally getting your food… and it’s the wrong order

struggle

Nothing is more frustrating than waiting 25 minutes just to get the wrong order handed to you. I got the chicken pesto not the chicken tenders *sigh* yes I’ll wait. You know it’s not their fault because there’s about 60 other kids trying to get food before the meal swipes end, but it doesn’t hurt your feelings any less.

12. …or they forget the one ingredient that made you order the food in the first place

struggle

GIF courtesy of theodysseyonline.com

Let’s take a minute to say thank you to Nick’s for putting avocado in the cob salad. Now let’s take another minute to say that it is not okay to forget to put the avocado in the salad. The worst offense is probably when you pay for the extra bacon or cheese and they forget to put it on.

13. …or your order is skipped

struggle

GIF courtesy of xclusivetouch.co.uk

The most heart crushing feeling is when your friend, who ordered after you, gets their number called before you. For a little you figure your food will be right out, but after ten minutes you start to worry what’s going on back there. Then, reality sets in and you start to accept the fact that you will probably end up spending the next *hopefully* half hour waiting it out.

14. …or you don’t get any food at all

struggle

GIF courtesy of favim.com

Speaking of getting the wrong order, lets talk about the poor food that gets forgotten, or worse, stolen. You’ve been waiting at Nick’s for more than half an hour, you’ve pleaded with the server to look for your food, and after they’ve assured you that it will be out soon, they come to the terrible conclusion that you’re food has not even been made but it will “be out shortly.”

15. Being forced to sit there and watch your friend eat their food while you wait

struggle

GIF courtesy of goodreads.com

The awkward moment when your friend is trying to make you feel better by not diving into their food while you wait, and then five minutes go by, and they’re already half done with their sandwich. It’s not their fault, but in that moment, you wish you never invited them in the first place.

16. Prepping for your order to come, but all the sauces and sodas ran out

struggle

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Does anyone else notice that the honey mustard is almost always gone by 8 pm? The sauce station is pretty much always a mess with lids and abandoned half filled cups anyway, is it really fair to deprive us of the ability to accessorize our sandwiches with ranch and ketchup, too? Let’s not even talk about the soda machine. There are hundreds of combinations but by the end of the night, we only get to choose from a few.

17. You got your food, you’re on the hunt for a table, you snipe one… and it’s dirty

struggle

GIF courtesy of universityy101.com

Okay, this is a big pet peeve of mine that isn’t even Nick’s fault. If we all decided to be a little cleaner I wouldn’t mind eating at the tables by Nick’s, but when I see the sauce, crumb, and balled-up-napkin covered tables, it makes me turn around and grab a paper bag to bring my food back to my room.

So, what are you waiting for? Last time I checked, if you wait any longer to get a meal swipe the line will be all the way to Dunks. You’re not getting any younger, so go enjoy that flat bread. And remember, always make it a combo.