If you’ve ever heard that the best pizza comes from New Jersey, you’ve heard right. And some of the very best pizza in the state comes from the Jersey Shore. So, whether you’re lucky enough to live here year round or you’re just visiting, make sure to grab yourself a slice. Or maybe an entire pie, we don’t judge.

1. Porta Pizzeria

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Porta, located in Asbury Park and Jersey City, is a versatile and delicious restaurant. You can have breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and amazing drinks here. And pizza is available for every one of these meals.

2. Front St. Trattoria

jersey shore

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Red Bank’s Front St. Trattoria should definitely be another stop on your Jersey pizza tour. Their signature margherita pizza, a twist on the classic with an added sesame crust, is not to be missed.

3. Vic’s Bar & Italian Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Vic’s Bar & Italian Restaurant has been satisfying pizza cravings for almost seventy years. Head to Bradley Beach to get your thin crust fix. You will not be disappointed.

4. The Coal House

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Just as its name suggests, The Coal House coal-fires each and every one of its pizzas to perfection. If you take a trip to Point Pleasant Beach to visit this pizza joint, we highly recommend the Pesto.

5. Pazzo

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you’re looking for a unique and tasty pizza experience, try a slice at Pazzo in Red Bank. Thinly sliced potatoes with truffle oil, black mission figs, and fresh clams are all fair game.

6. Pete & Elda’s

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Pete & Elda’s in Neptune is a Jersey Shore pizza institution. A thin crust pie is amazing plain, or with whatever toppings you desire. Finish an XXL pie all by yourself and win a t-shirt and exclusive membership to the Whole Pie Eater’s Club.

7. Maruca’s Tomato Pies

Photo courtesy of yelp.cpm

Pizza is an obvious boardwalk staple food. The tomato pies at Maruca’s are a delicious step above regular pizzas. Make sure to snag one next time you find yourself in Seaside Heights.

8. Talula’s

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

At Talula’s in Asbury Park, the focus is placed on community, freshness, and, most importantly, good food. Our personal favorite is the Green Eggs & Ham, but you should go and pick a favorite for yourself.

9. Mossuto’s Market

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

We’re always in favor of wood-fired pizza, and Mossuto’s Market in Wall offers just that. Try one of their signature pizzas like the Zucca, a pie topped with zucchini, caramelized onions, ricotta salata, fresh mozzarella, basil, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.

10. Mack’s Pizza

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Mack’s Pizza, located on the Wildwood boardwalk, is a family favorite. It’s not just delicious boardwalk pizza; it’s delicious pizza. Stop here for a quick, cheap, and satisfying meal.

11. Gianni’s Pizzeria

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Lucky for us, Gianni’s Pizzeria has locations all over the shore in Red Bank, Little Silver, Neptune, and Oakhurst. The specialty thin crust pizzas are unlike any other, and they come with tempting toppings like buffalo chicken and penna alla vodka.

12. Denino’s Pizzeria

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

New York and New Jersey are both known for their high quality pizza, so it makes sense that this Jersey Shore pizza joint has a brother restaurant in Staten Island. Denino’s Pizzeria in Brick is a must-try.

13. Federici’s Resturant & Pizza

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For the Federicis, pizza is a family affair. Federici’s Restaurant & Pizza in Belmar is the family’s fourth delicious. The crispy thin crust pizza is renowned throughout the state, as is all of the other restaurant’s Italian food.

14. Pizzuto Ravioli & Macaroni

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Pizzuto Ravioli & Macaroni in Eatontown is the perfect place to shop, eat, or just grab food and go. This deli and pizzeria has fresh, flavorful pizzas that are definitely worth trying. We recommend the Calabrese, with sausage, broccoli rabe, garlic, mozzarella, tomato sauce, and olive oil.

15. B2 Bistro + Bar

jersey shore

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

All of the plates at B2 Bistro + Bar in Red Bank are delicious and creative, but obviously we’re there for the pizza. Their wood burning oven churns out some seriously epic pizzas, with toppings like blood sausage, pea pesto, and homemade chimichurri.

16. Stella Marina

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Pizza with an ocean view? Yes please. Stella Marina in Asbury Park provides exactly this, and the Italian comfort food makes it a Jersey Shore pizza. For a sweet pizza experience, try the Fig with dried figs, caramelized onion, and goat cheese.

17. Nino’s Coal Fired Pizza

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Nino’s Coal Fired Pizza has locations in Toms River, Long Branch, and Brick. With such an extensive menu of tasty coal fired pizzas, you really can’t go wrong with any of them.

jersey shore