America’s state fairs have basically turned deep-frying into a science, turning once wonderful foods into high-caloric monsters. Here are some of the craziest foods to have ever been thrown into a deep frier.

1. Bubble Gum

Fried

Photo courtesy of seriouseats.com

Do you chew it or eat it? The world may never know. Watch how to make it yourself here.

2. Beer

Fried

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Fill small dough pockets with beer. Fry for 20 seconds (if you want it to remain alcoholic) and voilà, you’ve deep fried beer.

3. Coca-Cola

Fried

Photo courtesy of lifestyle.yahoo.com

Top it off with Coca-Cola syrup, whip cream and a cherry. Try out this recipe if you’re adventurous enough.

4. Kool-Aid

Fried

Photo courtesy of boredbug.com

Who knows, maybe these deep fried, artificially flavored balls taste good. Recipe here.

5. Butter

Fried

Photo courtesy of mentalfloss.com

As if butter wasn’t fatty enough. Check out this recipe from the Queen of butter herself, Paula Deen.

6. Sugar Cubes

Fried

Photo courtesy of trendhunter.com

Just grab your defibrillator.

7. Tequila

Fried

Photo courtesy of whiskyriff.com

Because tequila shots are so last year. Recipe here.

8. Jelly Beans

Fried

Photo courtesy of honestcooking.com

If you hate jelly beans by themselves, just chuck them into the deep fryer!

9. Flowers

Fried

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.ca

Because why garden? Recipe here.

10. Watermelon

Fried

Photo courtesy of gannett-cdn.com

Transform your typical healthy snack into a not-so-healthy indulgence. Recipe here.

11. Mayonnaise

Fried

Photo courtesy of tosh.cc.com

What’s not to love about deep fried condiments? Check out this website to learn how to make “Man’s Gift to God.”

12. Salsa

Fried

Photo courtesy of kitchenette.jezebel.com

At least it was healthy before being dropped into a deep fryer.

13. Lemonade

Fried

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Why drink lemonade when you can deep fry it? It’s even listed as one of the top state fair foods around.

14. Red Velvet Fried Chicken

Fried

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Your favorite dinner and dessert foods just had a baby. Check out this unique recipe.

15. Fried Water

Fried

Photo courtesy of munchies.vice.com

Last month, someone actually figured out how to deep fry water. Check out this video of him making it. Mind=blown.