I know we all crave Mexican food from time to time (for me, I crave it at least once a week, if not daily). However, Mexican food is about more than regular beef tacos in store-bought shells or Chipotle. The best kind of Mexican food is when it’s homemade. Wondering what I’m talking about? Well, here are some recipes that are easy to make and taste delicious, they’ll even make you think twice before ordering Mexican take-out.

1. Enchilada Casserole

mexican

Photo by Austin Allem

No, these aren’t just your average enchiladas. In this recipe, each one is not wrapped separately. Instead, it’s a layered casserole of enchiladas. Could there be anything more perfect for a big group of people? You can serve each person their own individual square and give them the perfect size based on their appetite. Your guests will be going up for seconds, and will even want to bring some home.

2. Raw Tacos

mexican

Photo by Julia Maguire

Raw tacos include a walnut taco mix, sweet and spicy salsa and a cabbage shell. This recipe isn’t just for vegetarians though. Meat lovers – this is an alternative to the huge beef dishes that make you gain fifteen pounds from just looking at them. This dish is delicious and the chipotle seasoning gives it a little bit of spice, making it all that more tasty.

3. Baked Chicken Chimichangas

mexican

Photo by Tiare Brown

These baked chimichangas are a twist on the classic chimichangas. Typically, chimichangas are fried, but these chimichangas are baked. All you need to do is pop them in the oven with some extra cheddar cheese sprinkled on top. If you really want to add some flavor, put a dollop of guacamole and sour cream on the side. Try this amazing guacamole for the perfect taste.

4. Taco Salad with Homemade Salsa

mexican

Photo by Raissa Xie

Are you trying to be healthy? Well, if you have an insane craving for Mexican food, there’s a way to eat it without completely breaking your diet. The answer: Taco salad. No, it’s not completely Weight Watchers approved, but it sure is delicious. Throw some grilled chicken, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa and whatever else your little heart desires. And remember, you’re not cheating your diet completely… you’re eating lettuce.

5. Tilapia Tacos

mexican

Photo by Maddy Shannon

These tilapia tacos are perfect for summertime. The tilapia adds some variation to the norm of Mexican food. The fish is easy to prepare for a group, and it’s perfect to make when you’re in a hurry. Add some of this tequila-infused salsa on top to add some extra flavor and satisfy your craving.

6. Chicken Quesadilla with Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix

mexican

Photo by Beth LeValley

Everyone loves quesadillas. But, this quesadilla isn’t your ordinary quesadilla with just a tortilla and cheese. This quesadilla involves chicken, bacon and margarita mix. Yup, you heard me right. If this doesn’t bring you to your happy place, I’m not sure what will. It’s definitely a heavy meal, but totally worth it. It’s the perfect choice for those days when your stomach is grumbling uncontrollably and you feel like you could eat just about anything. This may be one great way to make quesadillas, but here are seven other possibilities.

7. Burrito Bowl

mexican

Photo by Celeste Holben

No, this isn’t a Chipotle burrito bowl. This burrito bowl is better because it’s homemade. You know exactly what’s going in it, and you don’t need to pay extra for guacamole. Although the recipe calls for steak, you can mix it up and put any type of meat in it, whether it be chicken or shrimp. You can make it your own and add avocado, veggies or even a sauce that you love.

8. Late-Summer Mexican Corn Salad

mexican

Photo by Wallis Linker

As summer is approaching, corn is coming into season, giving you an excuse to eat it weekly (at the least). This Mexican corn salad is incredibly simple, requires very minimal time and tastes amazing. The recipe calls for lime, cilantro and other seasonings that will wow your tastebuds. Give it a try as either a light meal or use it as a side dish.

9. Taco Dip

mexican

Photo by Allison Wojtowecz

Sick of eating tacos, but still longing for Mexican food? Well, this is your answer. Taco dip is a twist on tacos because of the similar ingredients. You can use any type of cheese, and if you’re looking for inspiration, use this guide to cheese. The taco dip is great to serve at a dinner party when you have a lot of people. They can just dip their chips and you won’t need to worry about everyone’s individual meals.

10. Stuffed Mexican Bell Peppers

mexican

Photo by Kai Phillips-Lustick

These stuffed bell peppers are perfect if you want something that’s not too heavy. You can have one or a few, it’s totally up to you. It’s a great thing to bring to a party with friends or to just make for yourself and save for later. They are quick, easy to make and taste delicious.

11. Chicken Burrito

mexican

Photo by Bari Blanga

A chicken burrito is a staple. Let’s face it, as much as we don’t want to admit it, sometimes we just need a night off to eat the basic burrito. It makes everything better and adds few extra moments of happiness to life.

12. Tomatillo Salsa

mexican

Photo by Alex Namba

Whip up this tomatillo salsa in under ten minutes. Whether you’re serving a group or you’re alone and just want something to munch on, this salsa is perfect. You can serve it as a side dish, on top of another meal or just scoop it up with crispy chips. You can even go crazy and make your own tortilla chips with this recipe.

13. Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos

mexican

Photo by Shayna Starr

Ever thought of making a Mexican dish involving a slow cooker? Well, here’s a turkey taco dish that does. All you need to do is start the Crock Pot with the turkey and sauce in the morning, and let it do its thang. Once the turkey’s ready, you just have to fill up a taco shell and add some cheese or any other topping you’re craving. Could it get any more simple? The best part is you can save extra turkey for leftovers for the next night.

14. Veggie Black Bean Burrito

mexican

Photo by Santina Renzi

Imagine this: steaming hot black beans, oozing melted cheddar cheese, a silky avocado sauce that it perfectly seasoned, and loads of sour cream all on a perfectly toasted, crisp wrap. Is your mouth watering yet? Well, this black bean burrito is amazingly filling and tasty. The avocado sauce is something like no other with its amazing texture and yummy flavors. Since you’ve been reading a lot about avocado, you’re probably wondering about it, so here’s 10 things you didn’t know about avocados.

15. Sofritas Bowl

mexican

Photo by Katherine Baker

This dish includes spicy seasoned tofu with all the goodness of rice, beans, and guac and whatever other toppings you desire. A sofritas bowl is a meal that’s satisfying and filling, but you don’t feel like you’re stuffing your face and loading unhealthy food into your body.

I really hope you’re craving Mexican food just as much as me now.