You know that feeling when you’re rushing out the door and forget breakfast, but your stomach starts growling during that hour-long lecture? Yeah, I’ve been there too. Here are 15 easy breakfast ideas you can try out to keep those few extra minutes in bed and still get fueled for the day ahead.

1. Omelette in a Mug

breakfast

Photo by Megan Prendergast

There’s something about mug recipes that just win me over. Save the hassle of doing extra dishes, and try this cheesy goodness in a mug the next time you’re in a hurry.

2. Healthy Banana Oat Cookies

breakfast

Photo by Maia Vernacchia

Sometimes you have to prep in advance, so these cookies are the perfect sweet treat that will get you through a week’s worth of breakfasts in just 25 minutes.

3. 2-Ingredient Pancakes

breakfast

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

Short on ingredients? This easy two-ingredient pancake only requires one egg and two bananas and will keep you full until lunchtime.

4. Spanish Fried Egg

breakfast

Photo by Kai Huang

For a twist on the classic fried egg, try this Spanish fried egg that uses a bit of extra oil to caramelize the egg white while maintaining a runny egg yolk inside.

5. Mini Bagel Breakfast Sliders

breakfast

Photo by Mackenzie Barth

Anything mini gets automatic brownie points from me. These mini bagel sandwiches are the perfect on-the-go breakfast that you can bring to class or on the commute to work.

6. Breakfast Taco

breakfast

Photo by Kelly Redfield

Give your scrambled eggs a new twist with this easy breakfast taco that turns a lunch favorite into a breakfast delight.

7. Avocado Toast

breakfast

Photo by Hannah Cooper

Avocado on toast has taken the world by a storm, and I wasn’t convinced until I tried it for myself. Simply toast a piece of bread, put on some slices of avocado, and season with salt, pepper, and (my personal favorite) Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning. You’re set with a hearty breakfast that will keep your empty stomach satisfied.

8. Waffle Breakfast Sandwich

breakfast

Photo by Rebecca Black

If you’ve ever been to Bruxie, then you know how good anything is stuffed between waffles, and this easy recipe will help you make your own waffle sandwich at home. Fill your sandwich with spreads like cream cheese or jam, or go the healthy route and try some delicious strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries inside.

9. Breakfast Brown Fried Rice in a Mug

breakfast

Photo by Katherine Baker

Growing up in an Asian household, I have to say I love having rice for breakfast. Use that leftover rice from last night’s dinner along with any vegetables like spinach and sweet potato to whip up some warm fried rice that beats cold cereal any day.

10. Coffee Banana Protein Smoothie

breakfast

Photo by Ashton Caudie

This idea is definitely a unique one because it turns your morning cup of coffee into a smoothie. All you need is a cup of cold black coffee, one frozen banana, and one scoop of vanilla whey protein powder for a new take on your morning cup of joe.

11. Veggie Breakfast Burrito

breakfast

Photo by Caroline Liu

Breakfast burritos are a favorite among my college friends because they’re super easy to make and are easily eaten on the way to class.

12. Egg & Sriracha Poached Egg Open Sandwich

breakfast

Photo by Briana Jones

There’s something about open-faced sandwiches that make them sound so fancy, but this one is simple enough that even a busy student can make one before they head out to class.

13. Nutella Oatmeal

breakfast

Photo by Megan McNitt

Have dessert for breakfast with this decadent Nutella oatmeal bowl. Take it to the next level and top it off with chocolate donut pieces (I promise I won’t tell anyone).

14. Kale Breakfast Smoothie

breakfast

Photo by Abby Farley

Vegetables aren’t everyone’s favorite thing to eat, but a kale smoothie is a great way to get in some extra greens without tasting it.

15. Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl

breakfast

Photo by Jordan Gottlieb

Start off your day right with this vibrant sweet potato breakfast bowl. Sweet potatoes are packed with fiber and vitamins A, C, and B6 and are guaranteed keep you fueled throughout the day.

breakfast

Graphic by Spoon University