How often do you find a grown person with their hands and face smeared with chocolate—or to skip the utensils and eat dinner with their hands? Pretty rare. We all want to transform into our past selves at some point or another to relive those gratifying food moments of the past. Believe me, you’re not alone on this.

Next Throwback Thursday—or rather, any day—don’t be afraid to really throwback. Here are some scrumptious memories that we’ve all sorely missed.

1. Getting the Cookie-to-Icing Ratio Just Right With Your Dunkaroos

childhood

Photo by Cherie Mak

We’ve all had a sweet tooth and couldn’t get enough of the Dunkaroo icing. But by the time we reached our last few cookies, there was nothing to dunk them in. Then again, we never loved math, and calculating food is a total no-no. But when the last cookie had the perfect ratio to dip, it was like magic.

2. Making Your Own Edible Jewelry With Fruit Loops Cereal

childhood

Photo by Cherie Mak

Not only did Fruit Loops taste prime, but they also made for a hella good decoration. They were the bling back in the days, and they were edible.

3. Spelling Your Name With Alphabet Soup

childhood

Photo by Cherie Mak

Let’s be honest, most of us hated soup when we were young. It was watery, and totally lacking in flavour. At least this soup gave us the entertainment of spelling things and fishing for the right letters.

4. Having a Coloured Tongue After Finishing a Ring or Push Pop

childhood

Photo by Cherie Mak

Not only do we miss sucking on candies in the form of a ring or a push-up popsicle, but these babies left us with a magnificent and bold coloured tongue. Especially the blue Ring Pops. I for one, can proudly admit that I walked around with my tongue out just to show off the colour.

5. Discovering a Crustless Sandwich in Your Lunchbox

childhood

Photo by Hana Dibe

Crusts were the bane of my lunch breaks. They got in the way of the moist and juicy centre, and ate away at my recess time. Finding a crustless sandwich in my bag was the best thing ever.

6. Blowing Up Empty Juice Boxes to Shoot The Straw Out Like a Rocket

childhood

Photo courtesy of Wikihow

It still amazes me how such a simple thing like a juice box could bring such joy. Not only did we get a nice sugary drink, but they were a game amongst friends. Blowing up juice boxes, stomping your feet on them, and comparing whose straw flew the farthest was always a lunch and snack time tournament.

7. Competing With Your Friends to Make the Best Cheese-String Figure

childhood

Photo by Cherie Mak

From sea serpents to braids to humans, this was another favourite lunch and snack time competition. Before these existed, eating cheese was never this fun.

8. Picking Out All the Marshmallows From a New Box of Lucky Charms

childhood

Photo courtesy of cheekykitchen.com

Hearts, stars and horseshoes, clovers and the moon. I totally understood why those children in the Lucky Charms cereal were always chasing the leprechaun. Those pretty little marshmallows were divine.

9. Getting the Right Toy in Your Happy Meal

childhood

Gif courtesy of perezhilton.com

Happy Meals were more so for their featured toys than their food. Getting the one you wanted was always like winning the lottery. I’m sure I speak for us all when I say that we did a celebration dance and cheer that made sure everyone at McDonalds knew we got the right toy.

10. Counting Down the Days Until Christmas with Advent Calendars

childhood

Photo courtesy of boorooandtiggertoo.com

Waiting for Christmas was always dreadful, but with these babies, waiting for the big day wasn’t so bad. Though, admittedly, it was always a test of patience and discipline to make sure that there was still the right amount of chocolate left when the countdown ended. No shame.

11. Twisting Apart Oreo Cookies Perfectly to Eat the Icing First

childhood

Photo by Cherie Mak

This task was not always easy. Sometimes the cookie crumbled. Sometimes the icing fell apart. A perfectly twisted Oreo was the definition of satisfaction.

12. Having Lunchables for Lunch

childhood

Photo by Cherie Mak

These expensive boxes were what the cool kids ate. Not to mention, it was hella fun building towers with stacks of crackers, cheese, and ham. It was always a treat when your mom brought home several packs of these from the local grocer’s dollar sale.

13. Pretending to Smoke With Popeye Candy Sticks

childhood

Photo by Cherie Mak

We were taught that smoking is bad at a young age, and were warned to never do it. Nonetheless, it didn’t stop us from trying to look cool by pretending to smoke, and these candies were perfect for the act. To be honest, these candies served no other purpose because no one liked their bland taste and hated finding them in their Halloween loot.

14. Singing Yop-Me-Mama While Drinking YOP

childhood

Photo by Cherie Mak

Props to Yoplait for making such a catchy and unique commercial. Every kid in school knew the tune by heart. It was an automatic given that you had to be singing Yop-Me-Mama while consuming these YOP products.

15. Dashing Out the Door at the Sound of the Ice-Cream Truck

childhood

Photo courtesy of Getty Images

Ah…the moment we all miss the most. Remember that ice cream truck jingle? It got us all dashing through the front doors and chasing it down the streets. Those were good times. Actually, what’s to stop you from still doing this?

For other childhood memories, check out these articles: