All over the Internet, movies, and late-night-television, we see people going to ridiculous lengths (no pun intended) to increase their sex drive. Countless pills, supplements, and even machinery exist for the sole purpose of loosening your legs. What they don’t tell you on the commercials for SUPER MEGA-ULTRA HORNY NOW pills is that a significant factor in sex drive is the balance of chemicals in your body, according to this article. Even better, there are certain foods you can eat to get your pelvis pumping.

1. Eggs

GastonEggs

Eggs are rich in tons of hormones, but especially testosterone. So next time you’re ready to do the dirty, boil some up or throw ’em back raw, Rocky-style.

2. Milk

tumblr_mezx4j3wVX1rohgoeo1_500

If you wanna get some D, start with the vitamin. Just remember, milk mustaches can be sexy.

3. Bananas

tumblr_m6sv67v4v11rvbafdo1_500

And you thought these were only for practicing how to put on a condom. This oxytocin-rich, phallic fruit may just give you that extra inch.

4. Avocados

subway-turkey-and-bacon-avocado-avocado-love-large-4

Avocados produce something called Tyrosine, which has also been shown to help battle ADD. Not that you’ll have a hard time focusing.

5. Chocolate

large (1)

Phenylethylamine. Say it. Know it. Love it. In addition to battling depression, this hexasyllabic chemical can certainly put you in a better mood. THE mood, to be exact. So go ahead, eat an entire jar of Nutella and call it your “happy meds.”

6. Almonds

974cc967373cdc0dfff393df9f09caa9e677c1057c1bba4d5b9aff0a35e3c911

Almonds are rich in norepinephrine, a chemical known to raise blood pressure. But if you really want to get your blood flowing, pop a snack pack and slip into the sheets.

7. Apples

tumblr_m7dkkcHgvw1qm6oc3o1_500

Eve ate an apple and then had seven kids. Coincidence?

8. Pineapples

tumblr_mfqqkuaDVd1rvn11po1_r4_500

Say “aloha” to that sweet, sweet lovin’. This spiky fruit is also a sweet source of energy (you know, for longevity).

9. Pumpkins

tumblr_m7mkajBm9k1r48nrko1_500

Ooh, spooky. Dopamine, abundant in pumpkins, is a neurotransmitter that sends messages through the brain. Think of it as a colonial-era town crier announcing “We’re gonna get laid!”

10. Pepper

tumblr_lyovctgUHm1qlpcti

No, not Iron Man’s hot girlfriend. If you want to spice up your love life, start by spicing up your dinner.

11. Peanuts

peanut-butter-dog

There are over 300 uses for peanuts, one of which is to help you get some. Brings whole new meaning to the phrase “bust a nut.”

12. Salmon

Salmon_skin_roll

Don’t let the fishy smell deter you. Salmon can strengthen your little swimmers.

13. Chicken

hungry-eating-chicken-wings-competition-mr-bean-rowan-atkinson

Which came first? Both involved sex.

14. Walnuts

dbc

Walnuts are rich in Phenylalanine, known to alleviate arthritis pains. But it can also help if you’re aching to bone.

15. Lentils

tumblr_lz1j84c0EU1r8gsqgo1_500

Italians eat lentils on New Year’s Eve in hopes of a prosperous year. You can eat them in a similar fashion. Go forth and prosper.