We've all been told maybe once or twice in our lives that we shouldn't eat dessert for breakfast. But now that you're an adult, you can eat whatever you want, right? Then again there is that little voice inside your head that tells you to eat healthier, so what do you do?

Instead of eating that slice of cake that will end with you crashing hard mid-afternoon, try one of these dessert overnight oats recipes. They're all quick, easy to make and full of nutrients. Plus, they're a great option for when you oversleep and don't have time for a proper sit-down breakfast and taste just like dessert.

1. Almond Joy

While we can't all travel to the tropics, we might as well enjoy the taste of the islands with this Almond Joy Overnight Oat recipe. These oats are full of flavor and texture. This recipe uses three different forms of coconut — cream, water, and unsweetened flakes — to really make the coconut shine through. There are also dark chocolate chips and crunchy sliced almonds that bring these oats over the top.

2. Apple Pie

Even though it technically isn't really American, Apple Pie is a staple dessert in the US. Served hot out of the oven with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, what more can one ask for? But what busy college student has time to make a pie once a week?

Instead of spending hours in the kitchen, try making Apple Pie Overnight Oats. Not only does it take less than 10 minutes to prepare, you'll have a healthy breakfast or snack that's rich in fiber and protein.

3. Banana Bread 

Banana bread is one of my favorite ways to use overripe bananas instead of throwing them into the trash. I love the natural sweetness that bananas add and the crunchy bite you get from pecans when biting into this bread. So I was really excited when I found this recipe for Banana Bread Overnight Oats. It's another easy way to enjoy banana bread and use up leftover bananas as a natural sweetener. Best part, you don't have to turn on the oven.

4. Black Forest Cake

There's something as satisfying as dipping fruit in melting chocolate. And even though I'm all for eating dark chocolate for breakfast, it won't keep you full for very long. This recipe for Black Forest Cake Overnight Oats will. It's the perfect solution for when you're craving chocolate covered cherries and, even though it tastes just like dessert, it's also nutritious. 

5. Brownie Batter

Instead of eating raw brownie batter from the mixing bowl, try out a bowl of Brownie Batter Overnight Oats. These oats taste just as good as the raw stuff but there's no risk of getting salmonella and contain only a fraction of the sugar. Plus, you get to eat chocolate for breakfast. 

6. Carrot Cake 

Looking for an easy way to sneak some veggies into your breakfast? Then look no further. This Carrot Cake Overnight Oat recipe is a great way to incorporate some veggies into your morning routine without having to sacrifice taste. It's also full of aromatic spices such as allspice and cinnamon that give your tastebuds a warm and cozy feeling, in addition to making your kitchen smell like autumn.

7. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

Reese's don't have a thing on these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oats. This recipe has all the chocolate peanut butter flavor that you love in Reese's without the preservatives and weird emulsifiers such as PGPR. It's even a good source of protein and low in sugar.

8. Cinnamon Roll

Cinnamon Bun lovers, this one is for you. When you're trying to eat healthier but have a craving for the sweet and savory taste of cinnamon, make yourself Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats. You can even add a dollop of whipped cream cheese on top for the full experience. 

9. Gingerbread Cookie

Why wait for the holidays to enjoy the taste of gingerbread? These Gingerbread Cookie Overnight Oats are loaded with spices — nutmeg, cinnamon, ground ginger, and clove — that will surely remind you of the holidays. This is a great and easy solution for when you just need something that tastes like sugar and spice and everything nice.

#SpoonTip: This recipe calls for Stevia, which is a sugar substitute, but you can always use honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar instead. 

10. Peach Cobbler

Peaches are especially delicious in the summer when they're in season, plus they're so fun to bake with. They make the perfect dessert but an even more impressive breakfast. Enjoy all the flavor of summer with Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats. They're sweet, full of healthy micronutrients, and have a nice touch of cinnamon that really rounds out the flavor.

11. Pumpkin Pie 

From Pumpkin Spice Oreos to Pumpkin Spice Lattes, I think we can all agree that when it comes to autumn we all become a bit obsessed with this orange gourd. But why stop at drinks and dessert? It's about time you made it a part of breakfast with Vegan Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats. Now the real argument around the Thanksgiving table will be over dessert overnight oats — Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats vs Apple Pie Overnight Oats.

12. Samoa Cookies

While you can't always get your hands on a Girl Scout Samoa cookie, you can make Samoa Overnight Oats any time of the year. They are packed with coconuty goodness and delicious chocolate chips that will make you forget about Samoa cookies while they're out of stock. 

13. S'mores 

Ah, s'mores. Great during the summer, amazing during the winter, and wonderful for every meal of the day. Now you can enjoy even more of this classic dessert with S'mores Overnight Oats. Yes, it even has a graham cracker topping. And if you really want to get the full s'mores experience, add a few mini marshmallows right before serving.

14. Strawberry Cheesecake 

Forget about spending $8 on a cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory that will definitely put you in a sugar coma. Instead try these Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats that you can make right at home for under $4. These oats don't skimp on flavor. There's also a bit of cream cheese in these oats that gives them the same tang you would get from an actual cheesecake.

15. Tiramisu 

Coffee in your breakfast bowl? Why didn't anyone think of this sooner? Not only do you get to eat dessert for breakfast, you also get to enjoy coffee straight inside your oats. This Tiramisu Overnight Oats recipe will give you that extra boost of energy you need in the morning.

Next time you're craving a sweet and sugary treat for breakfast try out one of these recipes for dessert overnight oats instead. They take practically no time to make the night before and are ready for you in the morning. In addition, they are a lot more nutritious than those raspberry danishes and sticky buns from your local bakery. You'll be saving a lot more money by making your own breakfast, which is just another bonus.